Seaton Branch Line, Devon

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[QUOTE. The quarrymen had such a hard working life, but it's nice to see how smiling they are...unusually so for pics taken at that time. Fascinating history.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the corroboration on the tunnel,the old boy did say that it had been blocked by a roof fall.I reckon the main reason the old boys is smiling is because they were in the best paid manual job in the area and they took a justifiable pride in there skills.

I'm not normally a fan of derelict railways, but your selection of photos old and new, and the accompanying commentary, have really piqued my interest. Thanks! :)

Lovely report Foxy,and that urinal is great.Seaton station looked a bit out of place and looks kinda stuck on the corner..shame it couldnt have been retained.

Great pics. Some of the guys at my local model rail club made a layout of Seaton Junction, it's interesting to see just how accurate it is!

Thanks again, everyone. I haven't done much exploring for a while, apart from historical local stuff for my website, so it's nice to post something after so long. I haven't found anything new, urbex-wise, in my area for ages, and I miss it. :( I've got a few things to check out, but they're difficult to get to...but time to give it a go, methinks. :D

Looking for places to explore? I'll put my thinking hat on and PM you. The Nissen Hut of Umborne Hall would have been a good start but saw that it has been replaced in March this year. Would be nice to see it in its new location. I have many a tale to tell about this place! Neither place is easy to get to though by public transport.

Liked the "Evening Revenue" greeting! Had to hold on to the chair to stop from falling off :mrgreen:

The Nissen Hut of Umborne Hall would have been a good start but saw that it has been replaced in March this year.
Ah, just googled and I see that it's been taken to Dunkeswell by SW Airfields Heritage Trust. Good stuff.
I went past the turning to Umborne when I walked down from Shute to Seaton Junction, and I was thinking of having a wander down there another time. :)

Back