Sew&Tell House - Jan 2014

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mockingbird

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Mockingbirds Take On The Sewing House

Arrived at 5.21AM this place was the first call of the day last week, been seeing posts back and fourth lately, with many names given to the place examples (Robins Nest/The Sewing House/Stitch Back In Time) I decided to add my own considering people cannot stick to one :D ....

The place has had items taken from it, which I was well aware of before I even got here slightly hesitant about going considering when items are stolen it ruins it for everyone else and the explore itself, but I was still rather surprised by this, thought it would be in a worse condition, not much has changed other than people have moved stuff, swapped stuff around and set up shots for better angles, which to some annoys people.

I have just shot this as I saw it without being to fancy and show my take on the place and show you how it was when I arrived!
Of course this place has sewing machines but thats everyones interest with this place, yet seen one seen them all so I have tried mixing my shots, to save the same old repetitive - ness, which happens when places become "tourist spots" and dished out to everyone.

Anyway here is my shots, hopefully not to boring...

IMGP4151 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP40722 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP4082 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP4078 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP41277 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP4122 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP4079 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP4131 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP4106 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP4064 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP4045 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP4067 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP40911 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP41044 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP4101 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP4103 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP4097 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP40933 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP4052 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP4041 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

IMGP4029 by urbexmockingbird, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
You've done the place well. Good stuff as always.

I love the crib by the window shot - I've not seen that before, it looks ace!

Last edited:
The photograph of 'Army Book 211' gives a tantalising hint as to one of the male occupants of this property. From the WW1 era, did it belong to father or husband?

I couldnt tell you Dirus, I really couldnt there was a few dates 1936 was one of the dates I remember in the book, wish I knew more about the history or anything, but sadly I dont :(

what a surprise! when you see half the roof missing on the 1st pic you tend to think scrolling 'this place is gonna be a right dive' but no!

Smiler - Cheers mate the only room I had issues with was attic which I used a torch for, which is poor to say the least, I dont think the pickles would of agreed with me do you? :D

Great stuff, so glad to see an external shot. There is a certain sadness to any abandoned building and you have captured it in these pictures.

Fantastic set of photos, like the one of the double ended bed, I have problems with glare but you have proved that sometimes it makes or breaks a photo and this has made it :)
Thanks for posting

there was a few dates 1936 was one of the dates I remember in the book:(

If there were post 1918 dates in that book, then the 'owner' was certainly actively involved in the military during the inter war period. Knowing the location of this place, there is one set of records that just might reveal a name if the relevant years are recorded in the archive. Will contact a local military historian and see what happens.

Latest posts

Back