Sleaford Bass Maltings, December '15

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DecayingHalls

Reaction score
Hello again, time for another report from oop norff!

this is another revisit from sunday...

The Explore

Visited with DirtyJigsaw & a Non Member, after finishing at Heckington we decided to head over to the maltings as it was a 15 minute drive away, parking up and walking over to the access point we noticed a few dog walkers so we had to pretend we were just looking at the scenery, when they'd left we noticed another couple walking towards us without any dogs, turns out they were a couple of explorers with the exact same idea as us! so the five of us made our way in, it was a lot more difficult than the last time I went, finishing off with the pictures and waiting for everyone else to come down from up the water tower we decided to head off, heading through another building we noticed secca pulling up and heard him say "yeah if you can just call the old bill for me" and that was it we thought we were toast.

heading down the stairs thinking we were giving ourselves up I was a little upset until the others started to give legs! naturally I obliged and began darting through the buildings and leaping through holes. We finally made it to the other side of the fence, I'm surprised he didn't hear or see us, I'm actually convinced he's still there now with the police waiting for us to appear, it was eventful to say the least.

anyways that's enough writing I wont bore you with the history because one quick google search and you'll have all the info you need!

COMMENCE THE PICTURES!

23485161182_5617c79109_k.jpgSleaford Bass Maltings, UK, 2015 by DecayingHalls, on Flickr

22966653023_ce21bb4cdd_k.jpgSleaford Bass Maltings, UK, 2015 by DecayingHalls, on Flickr

23511312191_d0a272bfa1_k.jpgSleaford Bass Maltings, UK, 2015 by DecayingHalls, on Flickr

22965540264_3f6addd9d9_k.jpgSleaford Bass Maltings, UK, 2015 by DecayingHalls, on Flickr

23593715165_79ea3ae2c4_k.jpgSleaford Bass Maltings, UK, 2015 by DecayingHalls, on Flickr

23485175342_8c5b637e08_k.jpgSleaford Bass Maltings, UK, 2015 by DecayingHalls, on Flickr

Both times I've been here I've always got one shot of the stairs that over exposed because of the windows!

Thank you for looking, please do come back!

This is one of my favourite locations, and I love that second shot, great light. Thank you for posting.

I've passed this a few times on the way to other explores recently. It's an impressive looking place! The photos you got are absolutely amazing :)

If you've never been inside you should really grab the chance it's a lovely building to see, thank you so much I'm really proud of them myself :)

Yeah, we did give it legs haha! And the comment about you are convinced he is still there now, lol. I am surprised he didn't hear or see us tbh, being 5 of us and having to wait one by one to get through the holes etc, was a great way to end the day, a real buzz!

I was going to try here today but there were some police outside the main gate so I left it. If anyone's thinking of taking a revisit I'd be glad to tag along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back