Square Spinney Tunnel, Leicestershire

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah right sounds a cool plan. We went to the viaduct at john o gaunt once, but not walked the rest of the line round there

Wicked, i'll get some more pictures and i'll email the mods aswell, might be because im using photobucket to host the images???

Wicked, i'll get some more pictures and i'll email the mods aswell, might be because im using photobucket to host the images???

nah my images are hosted on photobucket too so i dunno, have to contact the mods like you say.

Fair enough lol, i'll contact them soon if i remember!! I did not go today as it was rather wet this morning and we thought it was the best idea to not go as its slipie when its dry let alone wet lol

Ah yeah those embankments are very steep there, I think you made a wise move not to go when its wet lol. BTW, do you know what that funny thing with the shells in the woods is? I know its somewhere up that way, someone showed it me some years back.

Ah take it you dont know then! Someone once took me to this load of trees somewhere down covet lane. There was a tiny hut type thing and all the walls inside were covered in sea shells. It was really weird!
Still dunno what the hell it was to this day! :confused:

wow that sounds interesting, have you any idea where it is?? I might go and check it out!!

would be good to see more stuff ive been over most of the bridges going to the john o gaunt viaduct as no the farmer around there and we dump soil around the junction

just be carefull heard stories of an old chap who's lost his marbles that wanders the line asking when the next train is coming

haha lol at the old chap with no marbles, it sounds like the nutters you get around here!!

Cool to see some recent pics, thanks. The ground in front of the tunnel portal looks pretty churned up now?

Yh it is, its been completely cleared from the tunnel to the aqeduct or whatever its called, and its all flat ground now apart from the ground to the co-op farm entrance gate thing were there has been a hill for the diggers and that to access, the first day we found this place the digger was down there clearing it lol!!

okay ive missed this....

Image112.jpg

and its odd there clearing it wonder what there upto i may have to take a look down there

did you go in the tunnel

It is odd they are clearing it lol, it puzzled me aswell as i could not understand it!!

I went in the tunnel, loads of graffiti in there, only went in 20ft maybe more, found a metro dating 27th april 2008 lol.

The picture of the bridge which you missed is at the end where the tunnel is collapsed, if you follow it along to the first bridge, stay on the old trackbed and you come to the top of it!! If your going down be careful as its very steep and full of slippery stones lol!!

This place is amazing,the size of it gets me everytime.has anyone come up with why there clearing yet ?

Ah take it you dont know then! Someone once took me to this load of trees somewhere down covet lane. There was a tiny hut type thing and all the walls inside were covered in sea shells. It was really weird!
Still dunno what the hell it was to this day! :confused:

yeh i have seen that hut type thing with the shells very wierd!

went down there today for the first time really good place how far does the tunnel actually go?

Myself, Pumpkin man and a few others walked the length of the tunnel a few months ago (cant remember exactly when) and it seems that there is a clearing leading to a farmers field/barn/phone mast just before you get to the portal of the tunnel (looking at the protal the new 'road' bends to the right and upwards) I will see if pumpkin man has any different photos ..... if not ill go down there again! and this time explore the other side where it has been filled in (if some fool has not decided to build new houses on there) :)

Back