Strange Graveyard near Comrie, Scotland

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacepunk

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
On a walk around the back of the Comrie golf course I came upon this strange little graveyard in the woods. It seems to be a family affair and there is this big wooden cross in the middle which is kinda weird and spooky

June09pt3035Small.jpg

The approach to the graveyard.

June09pt3041Small.jpg

Wow! WTF!

June09pt3042Small.jpg

June09pt3036Small.jpg

June09pt3037Small.jpg

June09pt3038Small.jpg

June09pt3032Small.jpg

And this was nearby? Some kind of old water tank?

There's a similar one at Hill of Tarvit near Cupar, but without the scary wooden cross.

Is the other thing marked on the OS map?

I haven't really checked Richard, but there are a few other ones further up the hill seemingly. I tried to pry it open but to no avail. More investigation is required on my next visit.;)

Interesting place...be good to do a bit of research into who they are/were!

Is the old camp Cultybraggen still there between Comrie and Creiff? Stayed there many years ago..was told it was a German POW camp during the war.

The camp is still there, though there is to a bit of a dispute with the locals at the moment as to what to do with it.
I keep meaning to go and have a look.
Seemingly there is an underground part to it which is a secret war thing.

Might be worth going up there...ive just googled it and there is a rotor nuclear bunker there!! I never noticed that when i was there last! I take the army don't use it anymore...

Found this pic..ssshhhh don't tell the Russians its a secret!!

The bunker is locked up but I've been on an arranged tour of it and the camp with others, and there a few folk who got in before it was locked. I think Lost did the honours, as well as one or two others whose names escape me as they're probably not around any more.

It'll be interesting to see if anything ever happens to the site or not. I think I have a good idea though...

Yeah, I remember seeing something about it here or on 24DL.
My Dads been down there and had the tour though he never took any pix, the old fuddy duddy.

June09pt3032Small.jpg

And this was nearby? Some kind of old water tank?

Just a guess but could it be an ice house? If there was a stately home nearby then they sometimes had ice houses with a deep pit inside where ice could be stored even in summer. Mind you, the lack of an obvious door is a problem unless it was bricked up for safety's sake.

Back