The Box Report - 2011/2012/2013

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome shots as per dude! This has been on my to do list for sometime now... Myself, UrbanX and a few others have been discussing spending the night down there so hopefully will get it checked off soon!

Cheers for sharing these!

At the end of the drift you reach a sealed steel red door, with a constant loud droning noise coming from beyond. I wonder what could be in there?

At the dead end of Wind Tunnel, you reach another interesting red steel door. No noise from behind this one, I wonder what's beyond?

Shhh...

crypticfilename-maybeitmeanssomething.jpg

Luckily, there were at least 5 different ways in back then. Avoided!

Unless you went with someone who liked playing chicken with it and kept setting it off, I think I still have a bit of tinnitus from that!

That photo of the cloud in the cathedral has to be one of my favorite photos of Box Mine. Great report! :)

Omg, I so want to do this now. If there's ever another visit planned I'd be interested in joining in.

The pictures make this look epic!!!

that looks a lot like Burlington but then again quite a few underground sites like this do, thanks for sharing some great pictures

Burlington is part of Spring Quarry which is to the east of Box and adjoined via a few connecting shafts. Hence the similarities ;)

But no-one has ever been to "Burlington" ever.

Honest, constable.

What an impressive mine! You could easily come a cropper without suitable lamps if you came accross that barbed/razor wire! Nice report, thanks..

Back