The Diary Keepers Cottage...2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just seen this & blown away! Fantastic location & your pictures do it more than justice; amazing. As others have said a museum could well be interested in this. It would be such a shame if it all just rotted away.

I have recently joined this site. Totally understand your view of keeping the location "secret", and to be honest agree with you. Am fearful that if the location were known, within hours the magic of the place would be lost by the treasure hunters stealing. Great photos of an excellent find

The Diary Keeper

Thank you for posting these - all the photographs I've seen of the interiors show real artistry and humanity. I'm not asking you where this is - but if anything you saw or read when you visited the cottage told you anything about the woman herself, then please do consider what some other people who have posted to compliment you on this "explore" have suggested, and take the information to the Local History Library and ask them to look into establishing ownership. Maybe she had distant relatives who would like to know about their heritage. People don't keep or store diaries so carefully unless they want their thoughts to be remembered when they've gone, and it would be a pity if vandals and thieves happened upon this place and erased all memory of her. I'm a TV producer for the BBC, and think this lady's story would make a superb documentary - not to mention you and all the other Explorers who have safeguarded and documented her legacy so tenderly. If you are able to point an historian in the direction of this person's identity, then please do put me in touch with them. (Once again, I stress I am NOT asking you for location details: I would not put you in that position, quite apart from it being against Forum rules - but if you want to check me out, I have been a Flickr contact of Phill D for several years...). Well done, once again, on this superb photojournalism!

Thank you for posting these - all the photographs I've seen of the interiors show real artistry and humanity. I'm not asking you where this is - but if anything you saw or read when you visited the cottage told you anything about the woman herself, then please do consider what some other people who have posted to compliment you on this "explore" have suggested, and take the information to the Local History Library and ask them to look into establishing ownership. Maybe she had distant relatives who would like to know about their heritage. People don't keep or store diaries so carefully unless they want their thoughts to be remembered when they've gone, and it would be a pity if vandals and thieves happened upon this place and erased all memory of her. I'm a TV producer for the BBC, and think this lady's story would make a superb documentary - not to mention you and all the other Explorers who have safeguarded and documented her legacy so tenderly. If you are able to point an historian in the direction of this person's identity, then please do put me in touch with them. (Once again, I stress I am NOT asking you for location details: I would not put you in that position, quite apart from it being against Forum rules - but if you want to check me out, I have been a Flickr contact of Phill D for several years...). Well done, once again, on this superb photojournalism!

All the contents as with many places we visit belong to some one...the owner has now removed almost all of the contents to safe keeping :)

*headbutts the wall*

New people, whilst your input is welcome please don't come here thinking you're the first people to ever have had these thoughts, and please read whole threads before you jump on your bandwagons.

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back