The Diary Keepers Cottage...2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to all this lark...what is the score on taking items from places. Surely better if they were looked after than left to rot

At least you asked, and we can steer you in the right direction :)

Absolutely never take anything.

As the saying goes, 'take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time'

(or something like that :) )

At least you asked, and we can steer you in the right direction :)

Absolutely never take anything.

As the saying goes, 'take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time'

(or something like that :) )

Cheers, at least I know and will abide by the code. Thanks for putting me in the picture (see what I did there?) :lol:

I remember when I was a kid and wanted to pick some wild flowers and couldn't understand why I wasn't allowed.

My dad explained that if everybody picked them there would be nothing left for other people to look at!

Sorry, not trying to be patronising, it was just something that springs to mind and makes me smile when I think of things like this!

thankyou all for your lovely comments..i assure you that this place will never become a tourist attraction witin any communities..:) all who ask will get the same answer..its not a case of being selfish and not sharing ..but im sure youl understand what implications a place like this could have if the location were named..ive seen it happen soooo many times...so i am glad you have all enjoyed her through our photos as much as we did..

great pictures though tragic (and interesting that the word selfish should be mentioned) that no heritage organisation etc etc will ever get to know about these and the potiential that could be as mentioned of a snap shot in time of what ever place it may be..

Dear Ninja Kitten and Perjury Saint,

I thought the HMS Plymouth report was immense and was the best I'd ever seen on DP for an interesting subject. I liked that one a lot, but I think you two knew that already too.

However you lovely people have upgraded and lifted the bar by another tier with this report.

My true description of your report and visit is EPIC! :mrgreen:

I personally hope you have the chance to continue going back here in the future and researching it more in your own time, maybe finding more about this person's/people's history?

I fully support your decision in a not releasing your information to others and reporting these items to museums and archives.

Remember museums and archives have a tendency to store items away/forget they exist as they are not a "exciting exhibit for the public" for tens of/sometimes even a hundred years in their locked vaults...before someone perhaps looks for them or accidentally "discovers" them again!

So you will have the same scenario here that no-one gets to see them either!

I'll be contentious in what I'll say but I think you two have made the best decision of all.

It's best they get left in their own correct historical surroundings and I am not a religious man but I pray that no useless member of society desecrates this location. As such I hope it stays this way until nature claims the property back and items left behind for good.

Thanks you so much again for sharing this place with us all.

Take care out there. :)

C

Back