The hidden tower!!!herts

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find. Those Victorian Towers are becoming more and more rare these days. It is almost definetly either a Victorian Water Tower or an Accumulator tower.

thats animpressive tower, someone get up there!

BTW, is there any need to quote the entire first post, just takes longer to load the pics up twice ;)

what a brilliant find mate,as mentioned before,I'm sure I have seen it ,cant think where,good pics of the pipes and valves,was the pump still there? it must have been huge,if it was I dont suppose you noticed what make it was,its another passion of mine,old water pumps.Its all there to be found ,so keep searching.

great find there!

did this old map you find have any building on it? Also on google earth anything that looks like a raised embankment or cuttings, if so, could have been railway related?

as already mentioned, its too tall to be a railway tower.

Anyone know where abouts it is? Just a rough idea would be a good start. This was originally posted in August last year!! been a while.....

Popped along to Lutonmans tower recently with ricasso just to get a couple of pics ,just to confirm what an impressive building it is.Hope you dont mind me posting a couple of pics on your thread,your secret is safe with us!

250.jpg

252.jpg

259.jpg

Last edited:
i watched a teevee prog about a ` similar ` water tower that was converted into a home [ at gret effort and expense ] that one had a huge wellshaft below it

i you cannot go up - see if you can go down :)

I saw that program as well and it was Kevin McLoud's "Grand Designs" the present owner has restored to live in...Just amazing.

Latest posts

Back