UE themed portraits/self-portraits - 2

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Courtesy of Tbolt

FB_IMG_1629392299968.jpg

You used the vertical girders as ladders?!!

Where that photo was taken is about two floors up already, off the edge to the right is just a drop amongst a mesh of girders.

The ladder you see on the right of the photo, precariously balanced on a girder, resting against another girder, leans out over the drop. It's a very tight squeeze at the top of the ladder between two girders to make it up to the top, definitely no room to have a backpack on.

The only thing stopping the ladder from sliding off the girder it was resting on was the rounded rivets.

It was only way up the Control Room A for a long time.

Once up at the Control Room level, you could get up to the roof by climbing the girders though. Here's a photo of me just reaching the top:

5175311428_1b71a594bb_z.jpg

And a closer up photo of the ladder:

5174703259_b68d313726_o.jpg

Totally worth it :mrgreen:

Where that photo was taken is about two floors up already, off the edge to the right is just a drop amongst a mesh of girders.

The ladder you see on the right of the photo, precariously balanced on a girder, resting against another girder, leans out over the drop. It's a very tight squeeze at the top of the ladder between two girders to make it up to the top, definitely no room to have a backpack on.

The only thing stopping the ladder from sliding off the girder it was resting on was the rounded rivets.

It was only way up the Control Room A for a long time.

Once up at the Control Room level, you could get up to the roof by climbing the girders though. Here's a photo of me just reaching the top:

View attachment 518512

And a closer up photo of the ladder:

View attachment 518513

Totally worth it :mrgreen:
Thanks a lot. Perhaps a few bungee straps should be part of any explorer's kit - to secure ladders in place, for example. Very hairy drops!

The Bearded one...
For some reason my first look at this was like, aww look at the sad big doggo (sorry) 🤣 just the way the hood falls and wrinkles looks like the eyes and ears of a big dog, your head would be the fuzzy snout. Recently came across Alex van Kempen's posts who is posing her cute pupper at all the derelict places she's been at. Still can't unsee the dogs I guess 😁

Latest posts

Back