Vicarage - St John the Vianney - Feniscowles. Jan 2013. [pic heavy!]

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NakedEye

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Spotted purely by chance when driving to Blackburn Royal Infirmary to photo that [didn't get in!] but this was an added bonus to the day. Initial exporation to see how it was then 2 visits to photograph inside and out.
Info is scarce as to it's history but web searches threw up the following:
.......it was a vicarage in the 1930's, occupied by a Mrs J Cook at [deleted street name]. The family name was Kuhlke (a German name)) but in the first war some family members changed it to Cook because of feelings about german sounding names.
Apart from this all I know is there was a planning application turned down in Oct 2008 to build a residential home on the site, rejected as it would have meant felling precious ash and sycamore trees especially the one n the first photo which is massive and super old!
I have no idea of the year it closed down or who lived there last. In Sept 2012 there was a large fire inside [as usual] which has demolished the upper rear making it quite dangerous now

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/9938449.Large_fire_at_former_vicarage_in_Blackburn/

Anyway, on to the pics,, there are many as usual..:mrgreen:

The front exterior

Inside one of the out houses

The yard with out houses [nice chair next to door! ;)

From the kitchen

The kitchen - pretty wrecked but still all the kitchenware left in

Personal items in the kitchen extension

One of the dining rooms, the only fire place remaining

Small downstairs room with great curtains!

Another downstairs room with splendid curtains! room floor ripped up though

Downstairs loo

Walkway into the main downstairs hall

Main hall way at the front of the house

Magnificent stair rails and support beams to the stairs

Many smaller rooms downstairs, really is a big house!

Upstairs where things get a bit scary! Fire damage, very unstable flooring....

The upstairs landing

Magnificent stain glass window at the top of the stairs albeit damaged

One of the bedrooms, could not get a good exposure in here, I decided it was haunted so legged it!

Doors to a small landing before the stairs to the 2nd floor

The 2nd floor, very dangerous I was really taking chances going up there, the smell of burnt wood was overpowering

Mnay photos but many rooms! Such a shame this house was left to ruin as it's a magnificent house....well worth a stroll...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well worth a stroll indeed ;) That's awesome mate......Great find :mrgreen: And everyone should have a pair of vintage curtains :)

Cheers mate, inded they should....it's the thing that i look for first in a building, windows and curtains [after checking for scum that is!]

I've had my eye on this one for ages, but have had mixed reports as to 'habitation' although the fire a few months ago, may have put paid to this!! ;)
Nice to see you got in, as I also believe the neighbour is a bit 'busy' haha.

Lovely pics btw!
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers guys for the positive feedback ;) it was a suprise find just off road so it only just caught my eye whilst driving.
As for habitation, not really any signs of it in terms of discarded items......fairly peaceful inside really just take care on floor one and certainly floor two which i didn't go on beyond the top of the stairs......never noticed the neighbour to be honest...

Latest posts

Back