West Park Hospital, Epsom - October 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LulaTaHula

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
CovertUrbex and I took a little trip to West Park to see what was left!

Designed in the compact arrow layout by William C. Clifford-Smith (architect to the London County Council), West Park Mental Hospital opened in 1923. The term 'asylum' has never been used in the name for this hospital. It formed part of the Epsom cluster of hospitals for the care of mentally ill or mentally handicapped patients. Since re-development work began in November 2010, the site has been partially demolished and the remaining wards, and the water tower, are being converted into flats and houses in a new development named Noble Park. A few buildings remain derelict.

image001-1.png

image002-1.png

image003-1.png

image004-1.png

image005-1.png

image006-1.png

image007-1.png

image008-1.png

image009-1.png

image010-1.png

Last edited:
Truly beautiful photos....

Although I may have to delete the thread as you've shown the access ladder in the last shot...:p

Awesome work, you should post more on here!:mrgreen:

As far as I'm aware the only exterior bits left unchanged are the admin block, Greenbank house and the Mortuary :(

Those, and a few of the buildings which are still in hospital use, plus the staff social club. Two of the main wards survive intact, one is used as a public health lab and the other next door which is empty but appears to be alarmed.

I reported on it last month: [ame="http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=24140"]gratuitous linkage[/ame]

Back