Bull Manor Owner on Radio

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's disgusting.. We may however sound hypocritical as we are technically committing a civil offence by trespassing, but literally all the good natured majority of us want to do is take photos. I contacted the owner months ago and he was not interested in giving me permission to do a model shoot there. I feel sorry for him as he wanted to have it converted but the council overruled the plans and it's been sat there to waste. He must get so frustrated. And it doesnt bloody help that the "other website" now has a section naming all of the properties properly. I used to take the mick a bit, but the people who "codename" the sites have got it right, you have to do your work to find it. But alas, it can still be passed on and on through friends and then vandalised, graffed or burnt down. We can't protect them unfortunately, only the owners/security can. But what we can do is keep pictures and names of these types of properties out of the public eye. But then again, people love to show their pics.. A tough one

Hear hear!

Happy New Year everybody :)

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago mate

Last edited:
Looking up one of the culprits. Not on any of the forums, but she has an urbex blog....

I have photos of the culprits sent to me by the owner. They are not very clear but one of them is definately that girl from the blog. I didn't ask for them. I was talking to him saying please don't tarnish all photographers with the same brush...

mimisioux said:
January 8, 2013
10:30
haha funny you say that because I did try to save a book. but when you get arrested with a book in the bag you then become a ‘burglar’ and not a ‘tresspasser’….. guess the house didn’t want anything to leave.

That was an interesting experience. I got the impression from chatting to the researchers that it would be a general interview about urban exploration. I didn't expect to be defending the scene against a disgruntled property owner.

However, if I'd known, then I'd still have gone on the show just to get the real urbex point across.

All the best,
Simon

That was an interesting experience. I got the impression from chatting to the researchers that it would be a general interview about urban exploration. I didn't expect to be defending the scene against a disgruntled property owner.

However, if I'd known, then I'd still have gone on the show just to get the real urbex point across.

All the best,
Simon

Came across perfect mate, good job! :)

Bull Manor was once top of my list of my “to see places". Having spoken to many like minded folk on here I decided to cross it off the list. The reason for this was due to the sensitive nature and the distress it caused the owner. To me, it was not what U E is all about. The ever increasing need to go one better seems to be paramount when I view a lot of sites. One-up-man-ship seems to be dominant, it’s like a badge of honour amongst those who can boast, “Yes I have been to this place and I have been to that one too and not forgetting this place also!” You see where I am coming from? The whole concept of U E is lost. I nearly gave it all up because of this!

I agree with most comments above, but I worry now for the future of this ever growing following. The media will pick up on this and no doubt will run with it on slow news days. Once it goes mainstream, as we all too often see with the majority of crazes etc, it will sound the death knell, with the possible change in laws. It has been well documented on other sites of those who succumbed to temptation and have as a result got caught. This doesn't put the rest of us in good light and will indeed paint a bad picture of U E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back