Cane Hill WHOPPPPA, VERY picture heavy

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Cane Hill WHOPPPPA report. VERY picture heavy

Thats a fascinating thread there Mr Bones, A great in depth read, top job :mrgreen: I first come across this place a few months ago when i found this youtube vid of the place..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzdcMSVbsqw[/ame]

What a fantastic place Caine hill looks, I wish i lived nearer to have a look. Apparently i've heard it's not even a listed building, It makes you wonder why it's not been bulldozed if they have to have security on as the place is getting chav trashed big time. Whats the story with it's future?

Last edited:

That's a brilliant vid by Lillimouse, Phill.d. Ooh, Led Zeppelin! I went to the same school that John Bonham went to...even knew his younger brother too! :eek: :lol:

Much appreciated Phill.d

As ever with Cane Hill, its future is uncertain. You mention that it isn't listed - it is however in the process of having a NEW listing application reviewed as the original reasons for the listing being denied were innacurate.

I know one thing is for certain, before ANYTHING else happens at the hill, SOMEONE will have to fork out millions of pounds for asbestos removal. Cane Hill is riddled with the stuff.

Cool vid Looks like a nice day for it, You guys really captured the emptyness if that makes any sense

i like the orbs in one of the first sets of pictures!!

Orbs :lol: Its dust!

Great stuff Mr B - I really like Cane Hill. :)

Thankyou Fiendicus - Cane Hill is a great place isn't it!

Ok,so this is a very old thread,but I just had to say how I enjoyed this presentation..from early old camera snap shot style merging into a more planned documentation form of photography.I really like your personal efforts to document this place for example your cleaning up of the signage..not seen before.Loved too,the early shots of a very tidy mortuary.Any idea about the future of the grave?And I would love to see any shots of the swimming pool if any exist.I have just spent a very enjoyable hour and a half looking at this presentation and Mr Bones it is brilliant.This is up there in lights along with Lightbouys Severalls documentation.Thank you.

Many thanks for your very detailed comments Klempner69, when you asked whether I had any more pictures of Cane Hill, i suddenly thought of this thread. Glad you enjoyed it.

Perhaps it would be appropriate to update it with a link to the final explore which is documented on urbex|uk and post the new opportunities that came about in 2008 including the long awaited tower climb.

Ok,so this is a very old thread,but I just had to say how I enjoyed this presentation..from early old camera snap shot style merging into a more planned documentation form of photography.I really like your personal efforts to document this place for example your cleaning up of the signage..not seen before.Loved too,the early shots of a very tidy mortuary.Any idea about the future of the grave?And I would love to see any shots of the swimming pool if any exist.I have just spent a very enjoyable hour and a half looking at this presentation and Mr Bones it is brilliant.This is up there in lights along with Lightbouys Severalls documentation.Thank you.

Here's the swimming pool:

25l.jpg

It's part of the "Orientation" tour on my site.

I've also published some of Marlon's 2007 tour as "Observing The Disintegration Of The Titanic". The rest will be published in the "Cult Of Cane Hill."

I haven't posted it here as it discuses entry and security. But I'll see if I can edit it down for inclusion here.

All the best,
Simon

brilliant report, brought back some memories :)

is that an ect machine in the room you shot through the door glass?

love the linear progression of the story Mr Bones welldone this was a amzing place that i was sick of seeing reports of every 5 minutes but it wasn't till i actually visited the place it blew me away great piece of prose work :wcool::wcool:

Back