Crooked House TODAY

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There did used to be a cabinet there but that vanished really early on. Recently we had heard the place was stripped bare.

Very interesting about the plans.

It will be such a shame to loose the crooked house, but it will be even more tragic for everything inside to be demolished with the house and end up in a skip :(

It’s good to see that it’s not been been stripped & only a few items are gone
as would be so sad to feel that we had played a part in its demise to thieves regardless of developers and too right wouldn’t be happy one bit and would want to know why and more so who.
Hence discretion on certain location info it’s always good to leave lil clue s in posts for others like ur self who can be bothered to invest the time in searching it down as people do and you made me aware it was there and was explained at the time why it was there.
It wasnt that obvious yet way to many were onto it most unusual and wanted to know why ?then the reports of theft broke the camel’s back for many and as said so glad it’s not the case .
Now if you wanna climb on a soap box and beat ur chest pm me as not what Dp about so will sling it up on face book in full over the nexy couple of days so feel free to add ur thoughts as this saga has upset alot of people more so some who did bugger all wrong and very sad .
Splore politics belong in the bin :p

SK / Neil

I think a lot of people will feel better knowing that it is still there and is intact (until the developers move in). I agree a lot of people felt bad after hearing the rumours, as did I, which is why I went there. I had to know.

I felt sick walking in there this morning knowing that it might be empty, but then felt instant anger when it wasnt and realised that all the rumours and accusations were wrong.

It's out in the open now, the house is fine. Thats all we need to know. Rumour disproved.

I would still like to know who started it, but that'll come out in due course... But in future we all need to take things we hear with a pinch of salt and not immediately start throwing accusations without knowing the facts. People get hurt that way.

Steve

You may be feeling MAD after you turned up to a building site with a planning application on a board. I haven't visited Crooked House & have no interest in the place. However, I have found other postings to be HISTORIC. One posted as current had a house that was 2 or 3 years old on it. Perphaps, a note to just look & not visit when photos are HISTORIC would be helpful!

Firstly posting the date and time in the report breaks Rule #5 of the forum rules and is likely to get a report "Pitted"

http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/announcement.php?f=94&a=1

OK, I will leave you all to compare two photos after I've had my say.

Last year a post was put up by Mookster called "The Hoarders House", and despite poor Mooks trying his best the location became widely known and sadly within a matter of weeks a lot of the cars that were in the garden had literally been dragged off of the land. Now that's not to say that Splorers took the cars but the location became common knowledge and the stuff went very quickly.

Because of this the mods on DP decided that locations that showed vehicles would be banned from the site, a sad day!!!

This is set to become a re-run of The Hoarders House, as more people know the location then it becomes like a pyramid, with each person telling a couple more people. Next thing we know there will be coach tours to the place.

So what are we to expect now? Locations with any interesting or possibly valuable "Souvenirs" inside to be banned too?

Then where will it end? Will it be a case of "You can post a report if the stuff inside the building is too heavy to life and remove"? or the stuff has no value? And who will decide what gets allowed through and what doesn't?

I think we all just need to get a grip!!

OK. To settle the "Has anything gone missing from the Crooked House" question, then the answer is unfortunately YES!!! Quite a bit.

Play "Spot the difference" with these two photos The first one is the OP's photo of the wall with the fire place, well you can see the fire place fine!!

The second is my photo from Feb of this year, The fire place is behind the black and white painting that is behind the chair, you can verify that its the same section of wall by the piece of wall papered panel that is hanging away from the wall in the right of both photos.

The photos are taken two months apart. Now don't anybody please say that "So and So says this and Nelly says that", but to say that nothing has gone from the place is bollocks.

4.jpg

IMG_6204e.jpg

Thats not a fair comparison. Stuff keeps being moved all over the house. The bike has been in 3 different locations already, the chairs keep moving too. There is a carpet beater thats been in various locations too. Just because it wasnt in the shot today doesnt mean it wasnt there.

I agree the date time isnt allowed, I'll sort that in a while...

Steve

This post probably should get locked before it does get out of hand - I dont want that. Can someone lock it?

Thats not a fair comparison. Stuff keeps being moved all over the house. The bike has been in 3 different locations already, the chairs keep moving too. There is a carpet beater thats been in various locations too. Just because it wasnt in the shot today doesnt mean it wasnt there.

I agree the date time isnt allowed, I'll sort that in a while...

Steve

This post probably should get locked before it does get out of hand - I dont want that. Can someone lock it?

Fine, I'm aware that the hoardes of explores move a couple of things about, but two tables?

My kids have a word for it "Whatever!!"

Before this gets pitted and krela gets unhappy with it i want to say something...Alot of people have been hurt in many ways through out this whole saga my self included...alot of miss truths and accusations have been made , people have had to play "piggy in the middle" and been dragged through the whole thing unwantedly..and people have been upset..the politics of exploring stink i cant agree more there..it is desperatly sad that beautiful little places like this get robbed from it happens so much...on this one i think we can all learn from any mistakes made, . . i may be nieve with this... but lets just carry on sploring and doing what we love and are passionate about and beleive many of us do really well.

Theres nothing to take offline fella, I just wanted to illustrate a point that stuff has gone from the place regardless of who took it and now I've made that point then I'm done.

Everybody seemed OK for comment after comment at the beginning of the post saying that things hadn't gone, but as soon as I say they have then it needs to be done in private

Anyway, I'm done, my name won't appear on this report again.

Btw, nice photos, OMJ, should have said that first :)

I cant dispute if any small items have been taken or not, I dont have a full inventory and wasnt at the initial explore, and thats not what I posted for.

NK just summed it up well, it was to dispel any rumours that the house had been stripped, and thats what's been done. I guess there will always be people who steal stuff and thats just a fact of life and we'll have to live with that.

I didnt join DP to cause trouble, I dont want to loose friends over this, and I want to continue to meet and get to know other explorers. I'm sorry if this has burned bridges here, but I did want this rumour ended and the hurting stopped. Thats all.

Steve

I know you dont Steve youve more than shown that and you didnt have to but you cared enough and took the time and at silly Oclock in the morning;)
This place came to note cos someone lives on its doorstep on sunday there was a group inside and another two outside waiting as so small wasnt ment to be that way and yep a shame bits have gone for sure but not as thought stripped and agree with P7 here is not the place as still the issue with the blue van and alleged arrests = ( Me thinks the answer is simply dont post public anymore when deamed sensative and then this would never have happened. Glad peeps wanted to throw this out here and make a point ? Done us the world of good but understand why now on with the splores peeps we live and learn always and sometimes get things wrong along the way .Sorry to any i upset when asking about this issue when trying to resolve just felt so passionate about it and not my intension and its a small world we live in so lets keep it all where it need so rightly to be

Kitten spot on and nelly thought ur name woudnt appear again lol

Me thinks ive waffled enough SK :)

I visited here on sunday . After EASILY finding the location from a previous report . Took 45 seconds on google . You want to keep something top secret . Dont post it

Mikey spot on fella as it was what was thrown in google and for peeps for to be reasonably respectfull of the hint provided not for muppets to play god for the day or the walls come tumbling down on that aspect of things and sad yet again
About what we share not abuse ;)
Issue closed on my part
SK :)

Last edited:
I think the term 'explorers' is being used very loosely here, thieves are thieves - plain and simple. Having done a fair few explores with Steve now I totally understand why he was mad and why he went up there to check. He is a thoughrly decent bloke who I would be happy to take along on any of my explores knowing he's not going to let slip on locations, access or take home any souvenirs.

I also understand why others are pissed at the goings on surrounding this place. Nelly hit the nail on the head when he said about the pyramid. It's not so much who you tell, it's who they tell and so on. Hopefully (at least on this side of things) this can be put to rest and we can all get back to doing what we love.

Just wanted to have my say really.

After what happened with the 'Hoarders House' I found there is one thing I learned in this hobby. No matter how hidden you keep things on the forums, people, locals or not will know about sites like this. From the exterior shots I've seen of this house you can literally walk into it through a hole in the wall, it's obviously derelict to anyone passing by and it only takes one person driving past to say to someone 'there's this house in 'xx' which is empty want to go have a look?' and that gets passed to the 'wrong hands' and before you know it somewhere is stripped/trashed/whatever.

It's pointless getting too hung up on places like this, they always end emptied of their contents and yes it's sad to see someones life get stolen but it's just part of the transient nature of these places. I was thoroughly dragged through the mill over the Hoarders House, I was accused of stealing most of the stuff in there which was patently untrue and luckily the accuser realised the mistakes - no matter how 'unknown' you think these houses are, they ARE known to people outside these circles.

Just accept it, and move on. This place although fascinating to look at right now will be gone soon enough if the planning application goes through, and will be forgotten about soon after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back