Crooked House TODAY

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mookster is right, these places are open to anyone passing by. I've been to places not posted on here, stripped by copper thieves and used by local kids to meet and have parties. Teenagers love making these places into venues for get togethers and are on the look out for anything they can pocket for cash. One thing you've all forgotten these places are abandoned, unloved and not owned by anyone on the forum. Keep the party clean, no more accusations.

its the nature of the hobby
like others have said you need to keep things offline if you want it secret
if you put things into members only you run the risk of members sharing it and things going missing too
and it getting passed into public when members have finished with it
ive been posting online since 2007
and in that time its changed so much
my biggest regret is posting corah online and seeing it decline so rapidly :(
i know other local people would have found it too
but at least i wouldnt have felt so bad

I've always worked up on the rule of if I don't want to see a place ruined I don't post it. Sure in time it's likely to pop up elsewhere by some one else (Tone Mill for example stayed off-line for a good 4 years).

At the end of the day none of us own these builds and in time they will disappear, get stripped, demolished. I doubt it's always to do with the locations being posted online.

Too much discussion, too little exploring :)

Peeps, calm down, what has happened at this place is the same process that happens at every single site that we visit. I thought this is the process that the DP was about, documenting the Downfall and Decay of a place.

Judging from the pics, the building will fall down within a year or so if the development happens or not. I would never remove something from a site, other than the asbestos on my clothes, but I am sort of glad that objects in the place may have gone on to be used again, and are not in the bottom of a builders skip.

I feel for the people who have documented the site, and may feel responsible for theft or damage. But it would have happened if they had posted or not. Everyone has eyes a can see a empty property. People on DP see an explore possibility, some see party venue and others see £ signs.

That my 2 penny's worth anyhow! Keep smiling : )

Before this gets pitted and krela gets unhappy with it i want to say something...Alot of people have been hurt in many ways through out this whole saga my self included...alot of miss truths and accusations have been made , people have had to play "piggy in the middle" and been dragged through the whole thing unwantedly..and people have been upset..the politics of exploring stink i cant agree more there..it is desperatly sad that beautiful little places like this get robbed from it happens so much...on this one i think we can all learn from any mistakes made, . . i may be nieve with this... but lets just carry on sploring and doing what we love and are passionate about and beleive many of us do really well.

i feel sorry for you bexs :cry: x

the "teenagers think in the heads oh yer lets go at trash and set fire to these sort of things i mean come on peeps let it stay clean and not trashed its a disgrace what happeneds i mean lets go back to the 70's and 90's i know they some worst and bad things back then , look at britain now it is a s****t hole now i mean take a look at the riots that just got out of hand i know the police shot a black man but the cops do there best and david cameron just come back from holiday but it should not of happend look at at poor boy who got beaten up in riots the riots was so scary i remember thinking i hope it don't happen in st ives cambridgeshire i feel so sorry to anyon this forum if they lived in london at the time or anywhere else and think they set fire to everything in london and elsewhere . so leave this crooked house alone let it stay clean and not set fire to it. like john lennon said give peace a chance. nuff said .

Me thinks the answer is simply dont post public anymore when deamed sensative and then this would never have happened.

I've been waiting for someone to say that, well done mate ;)

If you don't want a site 'burned' then don't post it up, ever. The minute anything goes up its the kiss of death, sometimes it takes a few months, sometimes only a matter of weeks but generally speaking if it goes up on any forum and isn't heavily disguised/vague then it WILL suffer as a result.

Sadly this is the state of things these days...:neutral:

Personally, I didn’t expect this thread to get beyond a few posts before getting pitted once the reason behind its creation became apparent. However that hasn’t happened and I have an opinion on this.

This subject is going to come up time and again. It’s been talked out at length so many times now across the forums with no real resolution and it’s becoming annoying. I don’t know exactly what’s gone on here but reading between the lines it sounds suspiciously like members arguing amongst themselves about ‘he said, she said’ crap.

It wasn’t necessary to put this thread up at all to be frank. I’m not impressed when someone puts up a thread with a hidden agenda behind it. If you can’t put up a thread purely for the joy of the explore, please don’t bother in future and keep your squabbles private.

The Crooked House has been well documented and it will get raped. Unfortunate but true consequence of not keeping stuff private.

Please don’t get the wrong idea here either. I’m just as cheesed off as everyone else about site thefts and the pond life that do it.

I think we need to remember this is not our property and we have no duty of care to protect it . We can say urbexer's took things from there or other people passing thru chanced it and took some things.

If its not yours , dont take it .
Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back