F.A.W.7 US Navy, Dunkeswell Air Base, Devon - March 09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good to see these pics, nicely done, you two. some of the buildings look identical to some at the former airbase at Wymeswold, Leicestershire, there is a gas clothing stores there still intact too, and a good few old 40's MOD buildings which, like some in your pics, are still in use today by small businesses. was there a water tower any where nearby still standing?
seeing those Liberator bomber pics reminds me of an Airfix model i made of one many years back!:)

Thanks Kaputnik, I think a lot of these airfield buildings were probably built to a government spec, i know what you mean about the water tower, didnt see one though, i think probably the best one would be the Braithwaite tower at RAF Southrop but to be honest , I think Dunkeswell has to be one of the most impressive airfields left, building wise, and as we've said before, we only saw part of it but what we did see was all the more understandable due to Foxys indepth research,well done that Lass! :)

Back