General Urbex Photos Thread! - 2

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 16 years ago,before the idea of urbex was really thought in the form we now know and love I was on holiday in Ireland and came upon this glorious place.....and took precisely one photograph of it,the benefit of hindsight eh?.I can't even remember where the hell it was ,ah well

A few from a tiny portion of the Brunel University Campus in Runnymede. The fantastic main building is locked up tight and alarmed sadly, but demolition has begun on the newer buildings dotted around. Had a poke around in this one after bumping into a couple of other local explorers, then had a very close shave with secca involving a lot of running away so called it at that.

This place is massive and has so much more to give so I hope to get back soon before more gets torn down.

You can see the amazing main building out the window here

Hyde Falls earlier today

I had to take this handheld as the falls swallowed my tripod

11951417955_b82b9e3048_c.jpg

If anyone finds a black Manfrotto tripod washed up at the side of a stream in Hyde it's mine :cry:

If anyone finds a black Manfrotto tripod washed up at the side of a stream in Hyde it's mine :cry:

You're turning that into a bit of a habit, one at Willington now one in Hyde Falls!

Anyway I finally got my next roll of film developed, it only took me 9 months to fill it up...

Came across this little chapel coming back from an explore,

pillboxs118.jpg

pillboxs121-1.jpg

pillboxs118.jpg

I was a sweet little place with bugger all to make a half decent report about until this thread started, so my Thanks to the BOSS for his forward planning.

Do you think that maybe I should have read this notice on the way in instead of on the way out?
pillboxs123-1.jpg
Thanks for looking

Smallcleugh Lead Mine

Most of the operations in Smallcleugh had come to an end around the 1900's. In 1963 the mine was briefly reopened in pursuit of new ore reserves, but little large scale mining took place.

On September 2nd 1901, 28 members of the local Masonic branch held a dinner down the mine in a large stope know today as the Ballroom Flat.

this is the Ballroom Today

mine_zps20ce4888.png

I give you Thee Urbex Rock Cake! Taken at Cocking Limeworks. :D :D

2014-03-04141250_zpsc47d5423.jpg

Much needed fuel for running through all the fecking mud.

Failed in my missions in London today (my cursed city I swear)

It isn't just London bud, it's urbexing in general! We completely lost our urbex mojo for nigh on 15 months due to an uninterrupted run of "fails", and they were UK-wide with a couple of Belgian ones thrown in just for good measure.

The sad fact is, and I don't care how strenuously people deny it, there are explorers who are regularly breaking and entering. So if you personally observe the urbex mantra then you are inevitably doomed to have failures. This was brought home to us by our experiences with Pyecrust which many other people were getting into despite there being completely intact fences on every occasion but one that we tried - and on the odd one out we had to contend with a dibble and secca stood 25 metres from the gap in the fence! :mad:

Doin't let it grind you down like it did to us. :)

“The sad fact is, and I don't care how strenuously people deny it, there are explorers who are regularly breaking and entering. So if you personally observe the urbex mantra then you are inevitably doomed to have failures”

Unfortunately, much as I’d like to disagree with you I can’t I am sure like me many others have gained entry to a site through holes made by others, doe that make me any better than them?

Have been waiting since last September for my friend to email me his pics from our midnight outing in Dover, only to discover that there weren't as many decent ones as there could have been :( But here are the better ones anyway...

The SlimJim!
IMG_0161-Copy_zpscbb31405.jpg

Corridors.
IMG_0170_zpsfc8afd01.jpg

Broken floors.
IMG_0162_zps073e4f60.jpg

Spaces to waddle, squeeze and crawl into.
IMG_0167_zps92c45d2c.jpg

Last edited:
One from a recent Euro trip with UrbanX, Priority 7 & Tank2020 to name just a few.
Reports to follow in due course, I'm too busy crapping myself about agreeing to have my legs waxed for charity at the moment!

13275109555_feb3522169_c.jpg

Have had a mixture of win/fail more recently, nothing interesting enough to constitute a proper full report, but here's a few pics from this month anyway:

Battle Headquarters at the back of Folkstone.
DSC00820_zps3b2fba37.jpg

Backfilled hatch to lower level.
DSC00813_zpsf6963d3a.jpg

Got some fairly nondescript pictures of inside.
DSC00817_zps0be3b40b.jpg

Crud filled room at the end.
DSC00818_zps97da2512.jpg

Latest posts

Back