Mid Wales Hospital, nr Talgarth, Wales

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, what a gem of a find, m'dear, and superb pics as always. All that wood panelling, doors and shutters. Even an urbex mural with a ruin on! :D Brilliant stuff mate. No doubt I'll be looking through it again as there's so much to take in.
Just to repeat my pm, big fat congrats. Also, as Chelle & Stu said, you've made a huge contribution. Good luck for the future and don't forget us, y'hear? :lol:

Eileen :)

Thanks for your kind comments Foxy :)

It was nice to see some shutters / woodwork where the wood is actually visible, instead of just layers upon layer of flaky paint!

Of course I won't forget you all here on DP. Even with my spare time being reduced (and so too me bank balance), I should still find some time to occasionally swing by to seen what's happening on the UE front.
To keep the Wedding costs down, had been thinking about using the Chapel at Severalls :mrgreen:

Tatty bye for now,

Lb:cool:

Super stuff, absolutly fantastic so many beautiful little features in that place I can't write them all but fantastic!! I simply must go to wales:)

It sure is worth a visit. I'd heard about this Asylum, but I guess the fact it was pretty far from home and I didn't have a clue about access etc put me off going there, until ImmortalOwl kindly showed us how to get in. It also helped that it's fairly close to Denbigh. Many thanks for ya comments! :)

This is quite positively the best report i have seen on this place. It looks incredibly interesting and surprisingly un-damaged, un-vandalised. I will definitely have to ask you more about it tomorrow.

Some great pictures too, i laughed when i saw the tag 'more sheep' :lol:

Cheers Mr. Bones -I aim to please! :)

Perhaps the combination of some of the outbuildings being converted and occupied, plus the "tucked-out-of-the-way" location is what has kept it virtually vandal-free to date. Would have loved to have seen inside Admin and the Chapel, but shouldn't grumble! Wondering if the inside of Admin has any nice details (Art Novou I'm guessing) due to the date stone on the front being in the same style.
Should be a good laugh this DP meet. Looking forwards to it! Will fill ya in with all the details of this place. Safe trip up there!

Last edited:
First of all, a huge congratulations on your engagement, hope you have a wonderful and happy life together. Good luck with everything and we'll look forward to you popping in every now and again. You've done some great reports whilst being on here, now we'll look forward to the 'legal' reports etc lol.

You've been busy with both these hospitals. Love all the panelling and the hall. Now it looks like they're doing a sympathetic conversion - thankfully. Too many are demolished and lost forever. At least most of the buildings are being kept.

Best of luck to you both for the future, and look forward to meeting you at the meet.

Cheers,

:) Sal

Hi Sal :)

Again, thanks for that. I've had so many kind messages :)
I agree with you Sal, it sure is good to see a Developer / Planners being a bit more imaginative in re-using the buildings. I might even get one for a holiday home once the're finished -beautiful countryside!!
Thanks again Sal.

See you at the DP meet!!

congratulations!! i'm getting married next year too so can fully sympathise with the where-did-all-my-money-go scenario..

looks like you had a fantastic weekend - i really wish i'd been able to make it.

that pic with the made-up bed in the room with the air fresheners on the windowsill - was someone living there, do you think?

and i hope me and jimbo can still persuade you to come along on some more "local" explores??

Congrats to you too then SG!!!:)
Will be compiling a list of possible abandoned locations as options for Wedding locations, so will share this info with you once done! :mrgreen:;)
Looking at how mouldy the sheets were, I very much doubt it. Rumour has it the ghost of Papa Smurf is staying there, and the room was made up by his assistants, the Smurfettes! :mrgreen:
Think that Dystopia and ImmortalOwl are intending to return to Mid Wales, so perhaps it might be worth getting in touch with them.
If the leads I mentioned that I'm looking into pay off, then I'll give you a shout in advance ;)

Bye for now matey,

Excellent Repot Lightbuoy. Looks Awsome. Pitty we dont have smell-o-vision for some of those old wards.I noticed in your pictures that admin had a couple of High Level Pelco Spectra Dome CCTV Cameras,so someone is watching somewhere.These are very good CCTV cameras and have up to 50x Magnification.Small built in computer system and controlled by a RS485 comms line.
Looks like the damp Welsh weather is causing delay.
What are all those White Splodges in your photos?
Good luck on your wedding, why dont you get yourself a place on Severalls when it is Re-developed for housing,then you will really feel at home.:lol:

Verry good set, I remember going to a hospital in Macclesfield many years ago which had a beige version of the carpet in one of the earlier photos.

Sold to a Doctors Wife in 1999,the highest bid at the time Mrs Bailey made her bidwas £365,000, with the next highest at £280,000,so it is unlikely that the advice given by the agentwas based on direct reference to other bids.

This info was from the National Audit office.

Hi, been to the Mid Wales but live in Talgarth.

Theres an interesting video link here from a current affairs programme in Wales:

Click on: http://www.itvlocal.com/wales/politics

then on Wales This Week
then on 24th Anniversary show 24/09/07, and there is a piece on the current hospital state.

cheers.

Hi redragon

Thanks for that link. Took me a while to find it (my prob, not yours - I couldn't see for looking! :rolleyes: ). Wow, that was interesting...a rather weird story too, and scary re that guy continuingly turning off the elec supply. Nice one. Oh, and like the 'Manics' theme music to the prog! ;)

Welcome to Derelict Places, btw. :)

Thanks FoxyLady. Living in the town its quite strange seeing people I know on that programme!

I did go up myself a while back and will have to get some photos up soon.

If anyone needs anymore info on the town and how i was affected I'd be happy to help! But I absolutely love that place, it's so interesting and such a shame it's being left to decay. Hopefully things will be sorted someday...

Nice one, i've seen pics of this place before but these ones really show how much there is to see. I really want to go there now!

Excellent Repot Lightbuoy. Looks Awsome. Pitty we dont have smell-o-vision for some of those old wards.I noticed in your pictures that admin had a couple of High Level Pelco Spectra Dome CCTV Cameras,so someone is watching somewhere.These are very good CCTV cameras and have up to 50x Magnification.Small built in computer system and controlled by a RS485 comms line.
Looks like the damp Welsh weather is causing delay.
What are all those White Splodges in your photos?
Good luck on your wedding, why dont you get yourself a place on Severalls when it is Re-developed for housing,then you will really feel at home.:lol:

Thanks a lot SM.

Apart from a few isolated areas, the place smelt not too bad -no damp smells :)
We did wonder about the CCTV -is it real or not. Either way, we weren't doing any harm or damage to the place, and calmly walked past :cool: (no point in hiding our faces, as this would then make us look like we're up to no good, even though we weren't!! The white splodges, we think, are from when the odd game of paintball was played here (official or un-official, we don't know!) :rolleyes:
Thanks for the congrats -yes had considered going to Severalls for the honeymoon!!! :mrgreen:
Thanks again for your comments and safe exploring! :)

Verry good set, I remember going to a hospital in Macclesfield many years ago which had a beige version of the carpet in one of the earlier photos.

Thanks a lot RD -yes, I reckon some of the carpets / curtains were seen in that 70's show LIFE ON MARS recently! :mrgreen:
Thanks for your comments and interest.

Back