Penarth Housing Estate

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From time to time I like to pop down to the Billy Banks Estate and just take some new snaps, the place changes on a daily basis and with the demolition due to start any week now, it's life is on a count down timer.

Here are a few photographs that I took of the estate recently, most concentrate on the worst damaged block of flats.

DSCF7070.JPG

DSCF7071.JPG

DSCF7076.JPG

DSCF7080.JPG

DSCF7084.JPG

DSCF7088.JPG

DSCF7089.JPG

DSCF7090.JPG

DSCF7092.JPG

DSCF7093.JPG

DSCF7098.JPG

DSCF7102.JPG

DSCF7103.JPG

DSCF7104.JPG

DSCF7106.JPG

DSCF7118.JPG

DSCF7122.JPG

Thanks for looking at the update!

I think I was married to one of the women in the magazines! Amazing that they let a whole housing estate go to ruin when there are so many homeless and more on the way. One cannot help but feel the lives that lived there and the atmosphere of the place - but then isnt that the main hook of urb-ex?

One cannot help but feel the lives that lived there and the atmosphere of the place - but then isnt that the main hook of urb-ex?

It's the reason that I am hooked to the Billy Banks Estate. No matter which property you go into there is a sign that somebody actually lived there. I could photograph this place all day and night for weeks I think - my addiction is so bad that I am about to have a canvas printed of the place :)

The expanse of this place is phenomenal, it seems that the half that still remains (lots got demolished last year) keeps having more and more of the houses and flats opened up by the locals constantly, revealing more and more. Good to see some more from there!

For an idea of the scale I highlighted a map a couple of years ago with the streets that lay disused. The half to the east was demolished last year, with just Chichester Road and Highview Road remaining... And it's still massive!

billybanks.jpg

You can get an idea of the expanse from this shot taken from the North East end of the block on Paget Road (can't remember the name of the block.) You can see High View Road in the distant background, beyond that and out of view lies Chichester Road where the bulk of the photos from the OP are shot.

DSC_1315.jpg

VAST!

The expanse of this place is phenomenal, it seems that the half that still remains (lots got demolished last year) keeps having more and more of the houses and flats opened up by the locals constantly, revealing more and more. Good to see some more from there!

For an idea of the scale I highlighted a map a couple of years ago with the streets that lay disused. The half to the east was demolished last year, with just Chichester Road and Highview Road remaining... And it's still massive!

billybanks.jpg

You can get an idea of the expanse from this shot taken from the North East end of the block on Paget Road (can't remember the name of the block.) You can see High View Road in the distant background, beyond that and out of view lies Chichester Road where the bulk of the photos from the OP are shot.

DSC_1315.jpg

VAST!

I think unless you are down on the estate, you can't tell how big the place is. I sat here and googled it and didn't really look that big on other photographs, went down the next day and was very shocked! I am still shocked to spend 3 hours walking around the place.

I would have loved to see the demolished estate mind. I have seen the odd pic and video but not the same as first hand.

Great report and pics, but that place is seriously grim:evil:

What is the fun in setting fire to a building that has already been torched many times before?

Went down to Billy Banks a few days ago and there were fire engines everywhere with multipul buildings on fire. Ok not very big as fire service got there quickly but just really puzzles me! Made the day more entertaining in terms of getting into the estate without being seen though! :lol:

DSCF7442.jpg

DSCF7450.jpg

Visited here myself over the weekend, travellers have moved on and I believe the final resident has sold up too. I couldn't get over the size of the place! This is a great report I'll get a few of my own pics up in the next few days :)

Visited here myself over the weekend, travellers have moved on and I believe the final resident has sold up too. I couldn't get over the size of the place! This is a great report I'll get a few of my own pics up in the next few days :)

Thanks very much! I did a updated version of this estate a few weeks back - [ame="http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=21642"]INTERNAL LINK[/ame]

This report looks amazing very nicely done thanks for sharing

fantastic, kinda eerie though, notice this is an old thread so I wonder if it is still standing.

fantastic, kinda eerie though, notice this is an old thread so I wonder if it is still standing.

Thanks very much!

I have got a couple of more recent threads up here:

[ame]http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=21642[/ame] [ame]http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=22384[/ame]

These pics were taken very recently and show the current changes:

BBDemoMap.png

DSCF4304.png

DSCF4307.png

DSCF4420.png

DSCF4635.png

DSCF4655.png

Back