Racal Electronics.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way,can you solve a mystery??Who does the bike belong to which is chained to the seat in one of your pictures??

It looks a bit too new to be abandoned.....Security bike patrol?????:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cheers Johno. Yes, it belongs to the keyholder who also does security checks. It's quite a story how I found that out, but this is a small town so not a lot goes unnoticed! :mrgreen:

Thanks diluted. The story might not be over. I might be up for a revisit and I'll give it another go to get permission to go inside (it's the only way now).

I'll post up some of the other pics soon... :)

Cheers Neosea. :) Ah, the beauty of living in a small seaside town. They have had kids playing about on the site, and I'm not saying that they're all little angels by any means, but it is the kind of place where you can tell a kid off and nine times out of ten they'll say sorry. :mrgreen:

Cheers Neosea. :) Ah, the beauty of living in a small seaside town. They have had kids playing about on the site, and I'm not saying that they're all little angels by any means, but it is the kind of place where you can tell a kid off and nine times out of ten they'll say sorry. :mrgreen:

Your welcome. I do miss living by the sea, you are lucky. :mrgreen:

Kids will be kids:icon_evil

Great explore,foxy!.sad to see racal closed,the equipment they made was and is still highly regarded in amateur.radio circles cost an arm and a leg only goverment departments could buy it new!.

Thanks Bad Wolf. I didn't realise the equipment was also used for amateur radio.
As promised, some more pics from the explores.

Some from the first visit.

racal08.png

racal10.png

racal14.png

racal26.png

And some from the next one.

racal2_03.png

racal2_05.png

racal2_09.png

Looking through the window in reception you can see the sign that was taken down from outside the building.

racal2_10.png

A now very empty carpark.

racal2_12.png

racal2_13.png

And more bird feeders. The area where breaks were taken seems to have been rather a happy place. :)

racal2_17.png

Cheers
Foxy :)

Last edited:
I would love to go, as I have a keen interest in radio communications and used to own several Racal military sets. Pity I live too far away.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the extra photos. I remember sitting on those benches eating lunch by the estuary on nice summer days. Happy times:)

Kieron

Hi again foxy, Us amateurs could never normaly fund this equipment new. But the being the tight old bunch we are when it turns up after 20 years in the local electonics rally its normally coverted by all and sundry.!!! lol!!.Even at 20 years plus its still good kit,built to last, cost a fortune new!.

Aha! I had a friend, many moons ago, who was into amateur radio. We used to go to this amazing little electronics shop in a back street in Birmingham (I doubt it's still there now), and whilst he was buying stuff for radio I'd be playing around with contact mics and looking at other weird and wonderful stuff. You've just reminded me about that. Nice one! :)

Aha! I had a friend, many moons ago, who was into amateur radio. We used to go to this amazing little electronics shop in a back street in Birmingham (I doubt it's still there now), and whilst he was buying stuff for radio I'd be playing around with contact mics and looking at other weird and wonderful stuff. You've just reminded me about that. Nice one! :)

Its a great hobby foxy!!, Sounds like one of those werid and wonderfull shops that are getting scarce thease days!. I bet it had a little old man in a brown coat behind the counter.Cheers big loda, nice to know you enjoy the hobby!!!. Racal will be sadly missed for its class equipment. R.I.P.

Latest posts

Back