UE themed portraits/self-portraits - 2

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK...this is a bit of a departure for me, given I've never posted an UE-themed portrait before. That said, these are UE-portraits with a difference. They were taken back in the late 80's when I was in a goth/rock band and a whole lot more young (and handsome?). Musically speaking think Southern Death Cult/Sisters of Mercy/Rose of Avalanche. Our first photo-shoot proper was in the east-end of Sheffield amongst the derelict factories. So here they are. Note: all the places bar the first one have now been totally demo'ed.

21404950773_ef69b205c0_b.jpgPLC shoot 1 no.19 by HughieDW, on Flickr

22036004181_9ec88c9e22_b.jpgPLC shoot 1 no.15 by HughieDW, on Flickr

21999926666_db362b1eed_b.jpgPLC shoot 1 no.14 by HughieDW, on Flickr

21837984030_4b41ee17a9_b.jpgPLC shoot 1 no.13 by HughieDW, on Flickr

22026117555_6ac83320ba_b.jpgPLC shoot 1 no.12 by HughieDW, on Flickr

21839247159_b5b0ed6e08_b.jpgPLC shoot 1 no.22 by HughieDW, on Flickr

They're excellent!
Shame your poor lefty guitarist only had a right handed guitar tho :p
Really enjoyed those Hughie, thanks for sharing :)

Very different, never saw this coming. :). Early dereliction and you was not there for that! Good stuff fella.

These photos are brilliant HughieD! Very cool :D

Cheers Rubex! Shame the record labels at the time never thought so and gave us a deal

Very different, never saw this coming. :). Early dereliction and you was not there for that! Good stuff fella.

Subconsciously urbexing before urbexing was invented. Clealy I'm a visionary :wink:

I really like these photos Hughie
Hope you're still in touch with the other guys
I was into Sisters of Mercy back in those days
In fact just listened back to 'Dominion' - great record

Cheers Wombat. Yeah...in touch with both Kirk and Pete. We shot a urbex-related vid too back in the day...

Not bad, Hughie. I listened to your promo video and then I listened to "Change Your Mind" which I liked. That's a good song, we heard more of the lead guitarist. When I listened to those two songs I found that the timing was good as all the musicians came in at the right moment and - of course that lead singer. But in the promo video please tell the lead singer that he is no Cliff Richard or Elvis Presley and no need to shake those hips. Are you still together or are you considering reforming?

Can't beat a bit of Sisters...

Love it! We're gonna have to get a DP band together for the Bash! :p

Now that would be cool. You're the heavier side of the tracks with your band aren't you UrbanX?

Not bad, Hughie. I listened to your promo video and then I listened to "Change Your Mind" which I liked. That's a good song, we heard more of the lead guitarist. When I listened to those two songs I found that the timing was good as all the musicians came in at the right moment and - of course that lead singer. But in the promo video please tell the lead singer that he is no Cliff Richard or Elvis Presley and no need to shake those hips. Are you still together or are you considering reforming?

Ha ha...cheers Hugh. No, we split in 1987. Still friends but not planning to reform. Since then been fronting RepoMen over the last 25 years...tracks here and here's a video with loose Urbex overtones...

Last edited:
DSC_1420.jpg

Latest posts

Back