Anaza Hotel Tenerife - October 2022

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newage

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hi All
So me and the good lady popped off on holiday to the sunny and warm island of Tenerife, she went to the pool and drank all day
where as I got in the hire car and urbexed Tenerife to death.

Day 1 - off we go to the Anaza hotel near Santa cruz, a bit of gen I could find on the web.

"Construction was started by a German company in 1973, but was abandoned two years later, before the building was finished.
As of 2021 the structure still exists, but it is pending demolition", oh and its 20 floors.

Pictures..........

52467812441_72830097f7_b.jpg

Loads of skinny staircases to play on.
52468094229_70b9fbc853_b.jpg

52468282560_697ccc7ab5_b.jpg

Down in the sub level
52468365108_f8117de4b0_b.jpg

Rooms to the left and right.
52467316717_4b35eeb84f_b.jpg

Looking up the empty lift shafts.
52468091894_1704422dcb_b.jpg

Right that will do for now so thanks for looking, all and any comments are most welcome.
There are some more pictures on my FlickR site so head on over too:-

FlickR Anaza hotel pictures

Cheers Newage

Loads of skinny staircases to play on.
Great view! The Interior looks scary though like objects are falling everywhere, and amazingly is still standing. Cool pics, nice find.

"pending demolition"? Can someone please explain why? What we have is a derelict building that is currently unused for its intended purpose; and only visited by people interested in its history. Just like the Colosseum in Rome! Is that too "pending demolition"? Answers on a papyrus to . . .

I'm surprised it's been left unfinshed for so long, though I guess after being exposed to the elements for almost 50 years it's unsuitable for completion.

Since there are 2,000 year old Roman buildings that used concrete in their construction,
50 years should not be a problem. As to the local authorities wanting to demolish it - at enormous cost to the taxpayers of Tenerife - why? I suppose its continued existence gets up the nose of some council jobsworths. And, since we are all supposed to be faithful followers of "Save the Planet Inc", just think of the vast amount of pollution its demolition would cause. All the nasty diesel fumes of the plant used in disposing of the rubble.

And how would it be demolished? Fred Dibnah with his chimney-dropping fires is dead.
Would explosives be used? Twenty storeys of concrete is a lot of landfill! And how would
some of it not end up in the sea, causing marine pollution and destruction of sea life?

Why not use it as a background for laser-light shows? Better still, turn it into a prison
for all the climate-change protestors wrecking productive workers' daily lives. What a shame we left the EU. Ah well . . .

Back