Derby City Culvert

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just looking on Google maps to see where the entrance to this place was and couldn't see it. Could you private message me and tell me where it is? I've never been to Markeaton Park, but would love to go and check this well spooky place out! Thanks :)

Let's see what the parents say...

Bless your heart! I've PM'd Keep Out some details, now the boring school teacher bit....neither of you have and i'm sure you won't......but don't mention when we're planning on going on the open forum :)

Bless your heart! I've PM'd Keep Out some details, now the boring school teacher bit....neither of you have and i'm sure you won't......but don't mention when we're planning on going on the open forum :)

A culvert rendezvous with the beardy ninja, those lucky swines!

I'm well interested in going under, safety first having read the sticky.

Just got to get any kit required for the splore over and above our usual urbex gear.

May come in the car this time so I'm not high as a kite from the hallucinogenic vapours in my van before we start. LOL, James knows I'm kidding.

May come in the car this time so I'm not high as a kite from the hallucinogenic vapours in my van before we start. LOL, James knows I'm kidding.

Don't suppose you work in construction? I can think of somebody else on here whom has a similar problem with his van (I'll say no names ;) )

My dad works for a carbon-fibre company and used to make explosives, and my mum used to work in Plastics, I know a range of smells!

Credit due

Credit due to Ashless and Johno23 for the original thread.

I was kindly supervised along this culvert today and took the video camera. It was very very interesting with loads to see including......

Parent ducks and ducklings (the ducklings followed us most of the way through!)
Rats
Spiders, 2 for every brick in the culvert construction.
Bats, they even have bat boxes specially made for them.
Chub fish and daddy ruff (otherwise known as pope).
Flies, in plague like proportions.
Stalagtites.
Crack detectors to monitor cracks.
Wetness
more wetness
and some more wetness. Wear waterproof trousers if you go here.

All in all it was a great couple of hours and thanks again to the host.

Here's some footage I salvaged from my vsit, hopefully James S will add his photo's to accompany the video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEpyG6F4fW4[/ame]

Latest posts

Back