Hobbies and interests other than exploring

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do love music, growing up in the 90s I was a bit of raver lol. Still like to keep up with the dance music scene, and love drum and bass. I wonder when I'll grow up!? 😆 was a huge Streets fan back in the day, and went to a few gigs, some great times.
I was bought up listening to the likes of Bob Dylan, and David Bowie . Music has always been huge in my life, love all music really.
What music you into ?
I still think general Levy is some sort of God myself

I grew up in the 50's and by the late1960's I was in to Heavy Rock so Deep purple, Cream, and Emerson, Lake & Palmer were more my scene, face it Ian Gillan loved over the river at the Springs. Ok so I went to see a few bands at the Empire Pool Wembly ELP were awesome but I also went to see Wings there which turned out better than I thought. I went to one of the first Reading Rock Festivals and saw Uria Heep and Dr Feelgood who were brilliant. In the Punk years well The police at Oxford along with Ian Dury and the Blockheads of yes Barkley James Harvest. I've also bee to see the Stones twice and U2 twice along with some other bands I have forgotten at Wembly but the big disappointment to me was Michael Jackson, we took the kids to see him and I felt it was rubbish. I fell asleep watching David Bowie (I had flu), loved Phil Collins but I feel the one band I really feel privileged to have seen was Lynyrd Skynyrd and the old Oxford Pollytec in 1975, it was amazing to watch and something I never forgot.
Barclay James huh? I vaguely knew Woolly (bless him - great guy, sadly missed) and I met the whole band when I worked at the BeeB. Also Ian Anderson, Thijs Van Leer, Phil Collins, Ozzy, Toyah, Vince Clark, Alison Moyet, and lots of others... great times. I found a video on You Tube the other night of Japan on the ORS and to my surprise I found myself on it getting in the way of one of the cameras... Oops! I didn't catch ELP first time around but saw them some years later. Bloody awesome gig. Held back a gaggle of screaming girls when we had U2 in the studio around the time of War. Apparently Ian Gillan lives just down the road from us when he's here in Portugal where he has a villa, but he tends to spend most of his time in the States. Our builder's wife knows him. Then down the road a few miles there's lots of Prem footballers... but we keep well clear of that area!

I recently got into a new hobby - AI art. It makes me chuckle at times, when people do pics of abandoned places [and there was a comptetion on the site recently about abandoned places] and it gives me a feeling of nostalgia for when I was fit. here's one of mine
So that picture wasn't real then? Looks pretty convincing if that's the case! I think we will soon all be out of a job!

Back