l)()WN Family Farmhouse (As good as it gets folks)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerm IX

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
A little over a week after our first visit, I returned to this farm with three other eager urban explorers. Less than five minutes after our arrival, the farmer, a descendant of the deceased l)()WN family members, pulled up in a tractor with a bail of hay. He was less than happy with our presence inside the home and voiced his displeasure vehemently and at length before asking us, or rather allowing us, to leave.

Furthermore, via online correspondence, another relative voiced his displeasure with the original version of this post.

With that said, out of respect, this post was removed from my blog for a one year period. Upon reposting it, the text used was modified so as not to appear in basic search engine queries of the family name. Also, exterior photos were excluded from the post. I will never share any specific location information, nor will I ever return to the property.

Definitely one of the best I've ever seen.

(This is an updated version of the original post shared very briefly in early January 2012)

Come on in...

http://jermalism.blogspot.ca/2013/01/abandonment-issues-lwn-family-farmhouse.html

Here is a sample of a few of some of the most interesting shots...

Toy cars by jerm IX, on Flickr

Stevenson & Co. Square Grand by jerm IX, on Flickr

Family portrait by jerm IX, on Flickr

Certificate of Marriage - March 27, 1918 by jerm IX, on Flickr

Fox stole by jerm IX, on Flickr

Picking up an old guitar, strumming its surviving strings, only to have one snap. Approaching an old steam trunk and opening it, only to have it cave in on itself and collapse its interior ceiling. by jerm IX, on Flickr

Fred l)()WN's first car by jerm IX, on Flickr

Negative by jerm IX, on Flickr

Negative inverted by jerm IX, on Flickr

Brilliant, I wish I'd seen the full report now too but I respect yours and the farmers wishes.

I'm such a muppet, I scrolled down to the negative, copied and pasted into mspaint to invert it to see the real pic, THEN scrolled further down to find you'd already done it for us :lol:

Great find and nice pics, maybe including the personal photos and documents wasn’t such a good idea, always the chance that you’d upset the relatives and you had ample material for a damn good post without them, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks
:)

Amazing find there, pics are top notch! The toy cars are pretty awesome!

Thanks everyone. I really do appreciate the feedback. I really enjoy sharing these stories.

As far as the info revealed, a ton of time and effort and discussion went into deciding how to share it. The time comes when you just have to stand by it and move on.

Latest posts

Back