Leicesters Bow string railway bridge.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there are a few of us leicester lto about here and some dont use facebook and probably have never heard of this, also the are many people that use DP from the local area and towns that may want to come and help support it, failing that im sure its going to be an intersting day out. possibly a few people getting out of hand and arrests, you never know at these demonstrations

your doing a cracking job wayne,il be there and have told loads about it,like you said we all dont use facebook im one of the few who dont and if it wasnt for you and the gang would never have heard about it so thanks

was a long day but well worth it,see you and goldie tommorow
the more the better hope more people off here turn up,if anyone about tommorow from 8 till 8 come and say hello you cant miss us all be nice to meet

Yeah seconded.:)
Best of luck to you all .give em hell.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I don't much like the priorities in this land anymore......
It seems that now more than ever before, money and the influence it buys , talks far louder than whatever an ordinary citizen may desire.:neutral:

If anyone can come down and give their support please do, there are usually people at the bridge from 9am until late in the evening everyday. Also if anyone that cant make it in the week can make it on saturday that would be great. If you need more info please pm me.

oooooooo im not sure i can make any more days this week due to various comitments but i can do saturday is it the same as before just turn up?

PLEASE ANYONE WHO CAN PLEASE TURN UP SAT AT 9AM ONWARDS WE REALLY DO NEED YOUR HELP
there is kids and old alike going to be there and be nice to meet people

ill deffo be there saturday gonna try come down today and tomorrwo at some point and show my face to. adam you best be there. :)

Im hoping to go down tonight after work for a bit, if i dont finish really late as i have been doing...

Once gone these structures can never be replaced. The short sighted approach of some councils beggars belief.

In every town our heritage is being destroyed by 'elected' officials against the locals wishes. A big thumbs up to all those who've been involved in this protest.

On a side note, watching the programme about the Coventry Blitz the other night you could be forgiven for thinking the 'medieval' Coventry was destroyed by the Germans. In fact the council had been pulling down the medieval streets for 2 decades prior to any bombs being dropped. The Germans just finished the job already started.

ive speant 2 evnings down with the protestors this week its not just us is every day normal (ad not so normal) people of Leicester turning out in support

9918_309170810053_505635053_9317731_4827969_n.jpg

9918_309170825053_505635053_9317733_5742770_n.jpg

9918_309170830053_505635053_9317734_6386985_n.jpg

9918_307891345053_505635053_9301593_3357123_n.jpg

i was down there till quite late last night, well in fact till 7am this morning. plan E was put inot place, dj fresh and diehard you will know what i mean, we reced carfully and succeeded with our plan and gained entry onto the bridge whilst on there for 10 mins (around 11pm ish last night) i had a phone call and it was the other half telling me that the police had called her and said that i was to get off the bridge. how they got her number i havent a clue whilst chatting i had a look around and saw we were surrounded by policemen, they were on the picket line and also park round the back, they had it covered from all angles, so we just laid low in one of the butresses for a bit, there were quite a few police and security flying around and then the enevitable happened....torchlight shinning on the bridge, it was there for a couple of minutes then dissapeared. the police were then hovering around until at least 4 am.
it was then i was just about to peep over the bridge down onto the road when i heard the gaste chain rattle so 1 roll of andrex later i went and hid again, then all went quiet. i then looked several minutes later to find ALL the banners and protest signs that decorated the hoarding were all torn down and there we probably about 150 of them. they are now completly littering the road area.

now for the best bit.

it was mentioned on facebook that direct action was being taken so when i got there at 6pm last night there were undercover police asking questions about action and nobody had a clue and also the BBC had arrived and the local papers.

SO........................ at 5.30 am this morning we had a live feed to bbc radio leicester reporting from the TOP of the bow string bridge. with that we tagged the bridge with a st georges flag promptly looked around and managed to escape without being caught.

the council had been quite smug of the fact that they say the bridge was inpenetrable because of the amount of razor wire, police presence and 24 security.

well its the toughest explore yet but we managed it to perfection. all went as planned other than the fact the we had orignally planned to be carted off by the police after the press got their pictures.

so all in all our direct action plan went extremly well and im still buzzing from the whole thing

Nice one
I may in fact pop up and grab a couple of shots
from the top before it's too late.
I'll keep going and taking photos of the whole demo

ive heard that one of the workmen has taken our flag down and he has it draped over his shoulders.

excellent work from you as usual wayne and anyone else involved. i miss all the fun stuff bloody kids im there on saturday morning though. kids in tow teach them whilst they are young. lol.

i was down there till quite late last night, well in fact till 7am this morning. plan E was put inot place, dj fresh and diehard you will know what i mean, we reced carfully and succeeded with our plan and gained entry onto the bridge whilst on there for 10 mins (around 11pm ish last night) i had a phone call and it was the other half telling me that the police had called her and said that i was to get off the bridge. how they got her number i havent a clue whilst chatting i had a look around and saw we were surrounded by policemen, they were on the picket line and also park round the back, they had it covered from all angles, so we just laid low in one of the butresses for a bit, there were quite a few police and security flying around and then the enevitable happened....torchlight shinning on the bridge, it was there for a couple of minutes then dissapeared. the police were then hovering around until at least 4 am.
it was then i was just about to peep over the bridge down onto the road when i heard the gaste chain rattle so 1 roll of andrex later i went and hid again, then all went quiet. i then looked several minutes later to find ALL the banners and protest signs that decorated the hoarding were all torn down and there we probably about 150 of them. they are now completly littering the road area.

now for the best bit.

it was mentioned on facebook that direct action was being taken so when i got there at 6pm last night there were undercover police asking questions about action and nobody had a clue and also the BBC had arrived and the local papers.

SO........................ at 5.30 am this morning we had a live feed to bbc radio leicester reporting from the TOP of the bow string bridge. with that we tagged the bridge with a st georges flag promptly looked around and managed to escape without being caught.

the council had been quite smug of the fact that they say the bridge was inpenetrable because of the amount of razor wire, police presence and 24 security.

well its the toughest explore yet but we managed it to perfection. all went as planned other than the fact the we had orignally planned to be carted off by the police after the press got their pictures.

so all in all our direct action plan went extremly well and im still buzzing from the whole thing

Scary stuff reading the bit about the phone call, does that mean that DP is monitored as well to get an idea as to what is happeneing:confused:

Latest posts

Back