Leicesters Bow string railway bridge.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too recommend the 2 quid sausage casserole....unless Daves eaten it all!!:lol::lol:
Il try and get down again when i can

Has it been demo'd yet?

wont be long,
IMO its all too little too late this sort of stuff should have been planned properly
weeks ago
protest on the bridge get the police involved its only trespass so only as you find a way in without damaging anything
when we first bannered the bridge we made sure it made the papers.
a few people standing around and cars hooting is doing much now

Matt are they demoing the Pump & Tap too?

yes mate no idea when tho
as it belongs to the DMU
could be a while yet tho as the DMU hasnt applied for planning permission yet to build the new stuff!!
but no doubt it will be passed

Last edited:
Its such a shame that they got away with it. Lets just hope the pub is left standing for a bit longer its nice there.

matt we all know the problems of why it was left too late, there was a facebook group full of people wanting nothing but glory.

there are ways of stopping it and hindering it.
there are bats living in the arches, after spending the night on the bridge on thursday i saw and heard them for mysaelf rather than just beleiving what other people have said.

the bat conservation trust needs to be bombarded with emails from different people about this.

also the HSE needs to be bombarded with emails about the dangerously low razor wire around the lower perimeter.

but the usual problemn is you have lots of people with ideas but nobody bothers to follow their ideas up.

there are only 2 of us emailing the bat people and it needs a few more, at least if they see lots of mails it may get them to act quicker.

at the moment they are only removing the layer of dedbri and tarmac off the top of the bridge and no demolition has started yet, SO if we cant get the bat people to put an order on the bats then work will have to stop for a short while and that enables us to gain a little time.

ive been in contact with a personal freind of pete watermans regarding saving the bridge and hopefuly i should be recieving a call in the next day or so from him to see what he can do to help so we may get some celebrity help.

i know its all clutching at straws but now the group admins on the facebook dsite have realised that they cant do much they have stepped aside and let the dooers take over.

I hope something is done about the bats, although I suspect they will be ignored again. TBH I think its years too late, they irreversibly damaged the area with Leicester City Challenge. It was in the latter years of that when they set the ball rolling for demolition of the bridge too.

Man that pub should be saved too...my old band used to play there back in the mid 90's, thus meaning it's the equivalent of The Cavern. Damn those Polytechnic fools...

i was speaking to andy husein who owns the bussiness for the pub (he used to own the building too untill rthe deal fell through for him to buy the bridge) and he has it in writing that he is to be given a years notice to quit the pub. no such notive has been given so the pub is safe for at least another year

Latest posts

Back