Leicesters Bow string railway bridge.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was down there till quite late last night, well in fact till 7am this morning. plan E was put inot place, dj fresh and diehard you will know what i mean, we reced carfully and succeeded with our plan and gained entry onto the bridge whilst on there for 10 mins (around 11pm ish last night) i had a phone call and it was the other half telling me that the police had called her and said that i was to get off the bridge. how they got her number i havent a clue whilst chatting i had a look around and saw we were surrounded by policemen, they were on the picket line and also park round the back, they had it covered from all angles, so we just laid low in one of the butresses for a bit, there were quite a few police and security flying around and then the enevitable happened....torchlight shinning on the bridge, it was there for a couple of minutes then dissapeared. the police were then hovering around until at least 4 am.
it was then i was just about to peep over the bridge down onto the road when i heard the gaste chain rattle so 1 roll of andrex later i went and hid again, then all went quiet. i then looked several minutes later to find ALL the banners and protest signs that decorated the hoarding were all torn down and there we probably about 150 of them. they are now completly littering the road area.

now for the best bit.

it was mentioned on facebook that direct action was being taken so when i got there at 6pm last night there were undercover police asking questions about action and nobody had a clue and also the BBC had arrived and the local papers.

SO........................ at 5.30 am this morning we had a live feed to bbc radio leicester reporting from the TOP of the bow string bridge. with that we tagged the bridge with a st georges flag promptly looked around and managed to escape without being caught.

the council had been quite smug of the fact that they say the bridge was inpenetrable because of the amount of razor wire, police presence and 24 security.

well its the toughest explore yet but we managed it to perfection. all went as planned other than the fact the we had orignally planned to be carted off by the police after the press got their pictures.

so all in all our direct action plan went extremly well and im still buzzing from the whole thing

lol i know exactly what you mean ,just wish when i went at 10.30 id have came back,
id love to know how they got your number,
i knew that bloke was a police man,nicely dressed and talking bollocks
see you latter
well done wayne and company good work

well it seems as ive been in beed for the day, the police turned up at around lunchtime taking the details of my cvan, so im sure ill be reached by the long arm of the law at some point. As to night crawlers comment, i think you would probably be suprised at what the police monitor.
over the last few months of the facebook campaign to save the bridge ive had policemen try to add me on freinds lists so they can be nosey.

But even if they are looking here as well.
the access point was found by a freind over a week ago. it was kept to ourselves and was monitored over the week, im very suprised after all the extra razor wire they put up less then 5 yards away they never noticed the access point and welded it shut.

then our only other fence was 2.4 meters high fully loaded with razor wire we had noticed that somebody had moved a bit of gravel undernaeth so we made moved the gravel a little more.

but the police are cringing every time they here the "direct action".
well proving a point that the inpenetrable bridge was pentatrable and with use of no tools or no damage and the fact that we got the england flag flying was my Direct action and it was a buzz doing it.

Fair play for getting onto the bridge and the flag was still flying at 2.30pm this afternoon when i nipped down after work. I did wonder how it looked as if loads of peoples notes that where stuck to the metal fence appeared to have been ripped off? so much for being the "enviromental city" when they are left to litter the floor!
anyhow got a couple of pics on the cam phone from today. Iam i right in thinking there is a gathering tomorrow? I'm on a rare weekend off so would love to show my support for keeping this stunning bridge. If anyones about it would be good to have someone to chat to instead of being on my lone some :)

Photo-0008.jpg

Photo-0009.jpg

hi kingblag, the flag you refer to is a flag that was put up there by other fellow DP users quite a few weeks ago.
the flag we put up was twice the size and when the bbc radio leicester reporter went down this morning she watched a workman take it down and drapes it over his shoulders.

i will be down at the protest tommorow with my two boys so come over and say hello, to be honest as goldie87 and diehardlove will say they are all a very freindly bunch and it often makes for quite an entertaining day.

im in talks with a mate of mine and trying to get a jazz band to play on sunday afternoon in the muiddle of the new road island they have put in placve, this should draw some attention and raise awareness of the campaign and also raise some spirits for the guys that have doen a 60+ hour week holding banners up.

hi kingblag, the flag you refer to is a flag that was put up there by other fellow DP users quite a few weeks ago.
the flag we put up was twice the size and when the bbc radio leicester reporter went down this morning she watched a workman take it down and drapes it over his shoulders.

i will be down at the protest tommorow with my two boys so come over and say hello, to be honest as goldie87 and diehardlove will say they are all a very freindly bunch and it often makes for quite an entertaining day.

im in talks with a mate of mine and trying to get a jazz band to play on sunday afternoon in the muiddle of the new road island they have put in placve, this should draw some attention and raise awareness of the campaign and also raise some spirits for the guys that have doen a 60+ hour week holding banners up.

cheers wayne, and the lads and ladies who have been there 60 hours plus you know who you are and so do we
it will be a good day as after spending quite some time there all week it was surprising how varied the group was from kids to the elderly all for one cause and surprising how knowledgable some of the protesters are well worth talking to them
i have seen the band play and can say they are very talented and look forword to seeing them
PLEASE PLEASE IF YOU HAVE SOME TIME EVEN 10 MINS PLEASE COME AND JOIN IN AS BELIEVE IT OR NOT YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF ONLY TO SAY HELLO AND KEEP US COMPANY
I WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU AND KNOW THE REST OF THE BUNCH WILL TOO im the ugly one in a black coat lol
its surprising how friendly the group is and you will be made welcome
ALL TEA AND BACON COBS APRECIATED LOL

its still not to late to come and help this landmark, several of us urbexers have been down there since early this morning and a few are still there. please stop by and say hello

its still not to late to come and help this landmark, several of us urbexers have been down there since early this morning and a few are still there. please stop by and say hello

was a good day we gave loads of leaflets out in hi vis jackets and had a large turn out today,was a very good but long day lol and very funny watching the dmu itch
i was knackered in the pub nearly failing sleep think you did well wayne staying awake too

SHAME WE DIDNT GET ANY BACON COBS MASSIVE WINK WINK

You didnt need any bacon cobs after all that pea soup and sausage casserole did you Dave?!:mrgreen:

was a good day we gave loads of leaflets out in hi vis jackets and had a large turn out today,was a very good but long day lol and very funny watching the dmu itch
i was knackered in the pub nearly failing sleep think you did well wayne staying awake too

SHAME WE DIDNT GET ANY BACON COBS MASSIVE WINK WINK

did i miss the large turn out when i got there after a long night of food posioning sickness there were only five of us plus our kids then you turned up did everyone turn up later?

did i miss the large turn out when i got there after a long night of food posioning sickness there were only five of us plus our kids then you turned up did everyone turn up later?

yes we had a massive turn up during the day and loads more at night,i eat the pub out of casserole lol
but was a long day shame you could only stay for a hour but maybe next week

it wont be long mex
very poor turn out this afternoon
and those that were there disappeared after a while
the place isnt very secure tho i had a really good look today
so as i have the time im going up for one last time :)

it wont be long mex
very poor turn out this afternoon
and those that were there disappeared after a while
the place isnt very secure tho i had a really good look today
so as i have the time im going up for one last time :)

all weeks turn up been good and yesterday afternoon was good,
dont know about today as out,did wayne etc go

that karen girl was there when we got there
she was replaced by some students later on..

notice the vandal grease on some of the fence panels now??

that karen girl was there when we got there
she was replaced by some students later on..

notice the vandal grease on some of the fence panels now??

lol yeah red shit
bloody horrible messy crap near main gates
is that the stuff you mean as on the front line they are covered with it seen some piss heads climb them and get covered lol

I've been working ridiculously long hours this week so haven't been able to make the protests yet. Good work on the protests though. Can't believe it was sold for a quid!

I guess this week is crunch time really. I will try and get down there as much as possible this week!

Latest posts

Back