NKPS "Ye Ole Crow" 2014

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gone ...aaaarrrgghh all that way only to see a car pull up behind a white van and trailer and the front door wide open !!

Decades ago the first sign that there was something interesting down that long over grown driveway, could be the sight of the crane and wrecking ball trundling along under the trees.In many cases these large country houses were demolished with the interiors full of furnishings etc. I was introduced to 'sticking my nose in' by a family friend who dealt in antiques and would travel to these sites to buy interesting 'stuff' off the demolition crew, before it went on the bonfire. As a young teenager I used to imagine that I was the last person to see those rooms.

I think that this thought should be at the back of any person exploring a completely new find that is really interesting. Ensuring that their report and photographs really do the old place justice - just incase a sinkhole swallows the place up next day! I am of an age where the really good and comprehensive report will satisfy all my needs - I have no desire to see for myself, but can see others need to see it for themselves. However a bloody good, accurate report will record everything in detail - just incase the white van is on its way and this prevents latecomers getting their actuality fix.

Decades ago the first sign that there was something interesting down that long over grown driveway, could be the sight of the crane and wrecking ball trundling along under the trees.In many cases these large country houses were demolished with the interiors full of furnishings etc. I was introduced to 'sticking my nose in' by a family friend who dealt in antiques and would travel to these sites to buy interesting 'stuff' off the demolition crew, before it went on the bonfire. As a young teenager I used to imagine that I was the last person to see those rooms.

I think that this thought should be at the back of any person exploring a completely new find that is really interesting. Ensuring that their report and photographs really do the old place justice - just incase a sinkhole swallows the place up next day! I am of an age where the really good and comprehensive report will satisfy all my needs - I have no desire to see for myself, but can see others need to see it for themselves. However a bloody good, accurate report will record everything in detail - just incase the white van is on its way and this prevents latecomers getting their actuality fix.

Not sure where I fit in with that one , but each to their own I guess. :goofy:

...anyway moving on this was crow last weekend , getting rinsed it appears. So if any one's planning on going it might not be, as was.

12995094835_7dc6b6cdbd_z.jpg

just read the online article about this house, amazing photography

unfortunatly the online history is a load of rubbish and simply not correct..he did not pass away in 2009//but oct 2013 ..he was a lovely guy, and i actually sat and had a cuppu with him a few years ago..if you sell to the fail..get it right..

online history is a load of rubbish and simply not correct..he did not pass away in 2009//but oct 2013 ..he was a lovely guy, and i actually sat and had a cuppu with him a few years ago.

I hope you enjoyed the experience as much as I have over the years - stumbling across a rundown habitation that is well off the beaten track one sees it is still occupied, the resident then asking you in for a cuppa and a chat. Those photographs of long dead relatives in uniform or other family members somehow take on a different meaning when a relative hands them to you, rather than being coldly discovered in a pile of detritus lying on a collapsed sideboard. Over the years I met five such people - living in conditions and hardships that are unimaginable in todays world with nary a complaint or recrimination. Their fortitude and acceptance has left a lasting impression on me.

Embrocation, what a great word.

This place feels really oppressive from your photos. Is that the processing or is it really dank and claustrophobic?

'Embrocation'......Reminds me of that great film (and my fave of all time) 'Withnail & I'! :p

Amazing place and great photos!! :)

Presumably you mean lived there?

Otherwise why are people invading an occupied house? ;)

the papers quoted that it has been empty since 2009 and that it was haunted as folk see lights flickering on and off...he actually passed away in october 2013...so ide imagine the lights flickering as PS said...was him in his little house.

Latest posts

Back