North Norfolk Pillboxes

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cpt the vickers posts are likely to be S0001014 and 1012 they are down towards the north Norfolk railway - unless there are others lurking in the rhododendrons in the Park :)

That they are, leftorium. These are all VMG emplacement variants. Listed on the Norfolk HER as type 20A for a standard VMG emplacement and Type 20/2 for the conjoined double emplacements. They give no source for the type numbers so after some discussion on the PSG forum it was decided to type them as VMG emplacments until a drawing turns up, a nice research project for someone in Norfolk perhaps ;-)

Nice selection of boxes, thanks for posting. :)

I'm with the Capn here, Spurious local type numbers are best kept to the background unless a drawing is found. I've come across a couple of drawing numbers for PB's referenced in the TSL documentation but not found the actual drawings as yet. In general they refer to variations on a theme.

the Norfolk record office has quite a few documents relating to the removal or retention of defence works in the years after the war - might be a rich vein of enquiry -

I'm with the PSG if there isn't an FW number then it has to be called a variant - if the local engineers or units called it something different for the sake of familiarity or simplicity then fair enough and this is interesting from a vernacular historical perspective. If there are sufficient examples then it can join the Lincs 3 bay and Lozenges as a particular local type but otherwise if there are a handful of local diversions from a main type then a variant it is :)

Latest posts

Back