Saying a nervous hey...

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBound

Reaction score
Hey everyone

So, after hanging around here for some years, I have finally plucked up courage to join in, speak up and introduce myself...

Basically derelict and abandoned places just fascinate me. I've been out many times over the years taking pics of derelict stuff, but never really been brave enough to do any actual exploring. Going to be working my way up to that one.

My travels will be mainly confined to the North West as I'm in Liverpool, so if you're out & about and spy a short lone female looking shifty, likely it'll be me. Though I do have a slight issue with heights, so if its up high, it won't be me.

My pics aren't anywhere near as good as all those on here, but maybe I'll dig out some of my old ones and post.

Wish me luck...
HB

A very nervous hello :) I only started exploring around xmas time and really am still trying to find my feet - jumping in at the deep end i think is probably the best way - good luck and look forward to seeing some of your explores.

Taking the leap starting out is never an easy thing, but it's not too difficult either. Exercise common sense and don't go anywhere stupidly dangerous alone. Myself and a lot of other people started solo. If you get out a bit, post some reports and stick around on the forum, I'm sure you'll find other people to get out with and do more risky stuff. We all started with basic kit and taking bad photos...I'm still stuck in that phase even now! :D haha! Also a fear of heights can be worked on gradually :) Welcome to the friendliest Urbex forum around! Stay safe.

Last edited:
Welcome along to the forum. As you say, dig out some old pics and post them up. Its not a contest to see who can take the best photo, just get out there and explore :)

Last edited:
Welcome along..I started solo doing small stuff..then it just escalated from there.I still do the odd solo but i am normally exploring with other people.it's all about the exploring first then the photos are just to document it.it does not matter what they are like..stay safe

Last edited:
Thanks for making me feel so welcome and for the advice/encouragement, much appreciated, particularly the 'stay safe'!

Hey! New here also!
Finding it all fascinating!
Got some places I want to look at which are local and then hopefully if that goes well I'll expand from there!
Good luck x

Hi and welcome to the forum
Look forward to your reports :)

Heading up your way next month; looking forward to seeing a new area

Latest posts

Back