tales from the crypt

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20vturbo

Reaction score
a small explore,but i did think it was interesting,if you don't let me know and i can delete it !

i am a newbie,and away to the nurburgring for a week,so will reply to any questions when i get back.

a wee bit history

Originally built in 1504 by Sir John Elphinstone, it was known as the Elphinstone Tower for the next 250 years before the estate was bought by John, 4th Earl of Dunmore in 1754 and was renamed Dunmore Park. The ground floor of the tower was then converted into the family's burial vault.

was then raided by theives around 1988,bodys were robbed off jewelery etc,

body remains were interned.

this is whats left.

tower appears
calibrafrontseat040.jpg

entrance
tripwithjay002.jpg

inside
calibrafrontseat045.jpg

coffin detail

tripwithjay019.jpg

tripwithjay018.jpg

tripwithjay017.jpg

tripwithjay015.jpg

tripwithjay009.jpg

tripwithjay001.jpg

bone?

calibrafrontseat046.jpg

upper level

calibrafrontseat052.jpg

calibrafrontseat053.jpg

last few pics

calibrafrontseat056.jpg

calibrafrontseat041.jpg

calibrafrontseat042.jpg

hope you found it a wee bit interesting!

wow!! the coffin handles i found one identical in some woods near where i used to live (when i was quite young) my mum freeked out when i brought this handle home and kept on questioning me where id got it from :lol:

If the coffin was lead lined, it usually meant the occupant had died of something horribly contagious. If that was the case, it would have served the plunderers right if they had gotten a dose of something:)

Whist interesting (and I think all cemetery's are) I find this also rather sad.:(

Nice find, you generally see lead lined coffins on plague victims, or small pox.

Very interesting & well worth posting 20vturbo! ;) Shame people can't be left alone even after death! :cry:

Creepy!

Dont blame you for opting or the daylight explore, well worth the trip by the looks of your pics, very interesting site, look forward to seeing more of your stuff!
Lycos.

Nice find

Nice pics, get your rotation sorted out !

Once played in a coffin(used it as a boat) when i was growing up in Oz

G

Latest posts

Back