University of Derby High Peak College Buxton/Mechanical Workshop Apr 2010

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diehardlove

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
went with lost explorer/ burb147 very funny day with loads of laughs and alot of fun with car breakdowns/breakdown lorrys.piss ups,car fires oh and a 1 hour journey taking us 9 hours to get home.

bit of info taken off
http://www.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/university-of-derby-high-peak-college-15876751.html
The University of Derby Buxton used to offer Hairdressing and Beauty, Health and Social Care, Creative Digital Media, Business, Learning and Leisure courses.

The views from this college are amazing and worth the trip just for them,The place is pretty trashed and has got worst over the last year(before the comment "since we went it has got alot worst or the likes " ) appears but other places are quite good like the science department and the enginering works with alot to see,really sorry for so many pics but i really did like this place and spent a few hours looking through old slides etc.

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2125-1.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2351.jpg

Last edited:
As you say mate definitely a good day out! Despite it being trashed in places there is still plenty to see and have a rummage though if you like that sort of thing :)

Heres a few of mine. Its a massive site!

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

Looks like they might have planned on staying open? Either that or that's the new campus :)

DSC_0246.jpg

The rest of my images can be found here

aaaah, such a shame to see it it this state nowadays. I like High Peak college. Used to go up there loads when it was open (EEK 27 years ago lol ) as one friend was on a two year catering course, one was on a hospitality course, and the third one was on the Travel and Tourism Course. Used to be lovely in there, the restaurant did good deals on 3 course meals as the catering students prepared and cooked them, others were waitressing etc.

When me and Mendo went a few years ago, I was shocked at the state of it then from what it was like when my friends were there. It's in a worse state now than ever. When we visited the library still had the books on the shelves.

:icon_evil

ps, Lone Explorer. the poster with the Buxton Campus dates on could be referring to the main Buxton Campus. It used to be split with this one and one in the town centre, but now it's all in the town centre instead.

Last edited:
High Peak College

I too was shocked as went there in 1980 - stayed in the halls of residence the small ones in the first year and the luxury ones in Year 2 - above the library. Would love to go and look round now but just dont have the bottle :)

I too was shocked as went there in 1980 - stayed in the halls of residence the small ones in the first year and the luxury ones in Year 2 - above the library. Would love to go and look round now but just dont have the bottle :)

email me id go back just say a date and can go

well ive kinda been busy last few days so when i looked through my pics if theres anything you guys didnt cover ill put some up and also dhl i believe it was probably more the car owner breaking down than the car lol but it was a fun day out.
i really enjoyed this place despite the trashedness of it. and hopefully lost explorer will be able to get those befroe and afters up to.

That place looks fantastic!! Doesn't look that trashed to me, you lot are just spoilt!!:mrgreen:

The garage is accessible again!?!

Jimbaaaaaaa, it's time to catch a bus!

I've been 3 or 4 times, and I love the place, but I've never (yet!) been in the garage...

the garage is doable but quite knackered,its a nice place to be honest i realy do like this place and love the feeling the buildings give off.

Latest posts

Back