Severalls Hospital -LATEST NEWS

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh i have to agree with LB and Matt ... Sevs is still a good site to have a chilled explore in. To be honest its an even better explore when u got other explorers around you.. Just ask LB, Urbex.. SurlyGirl, Site, UrbanX, Chelle... lol the list is endless... that place was my first and got a soft spot for

Cool

Fragz,I love the last one of the tower.......hate you for it!!!!!Oh and make sure you see the tower one day ,you wont be dissappointed.
Stu

The football ground is now an active site, Colchester played its first friendly in front of 6,000 people (it's a 20k seater stadium).

gots to agree with midnight - it was my first too (does that sound wrong?!) and even tho i've been loads i always feel drawn back there....

oi, midnight - when i'm back from honeymoon let's set up another visit? still need to do the tower/nurses home.... :mrgreen:

My first Was Cane Hill so was hoping for more random stuff that had been left. Saying I wasn't impressed was too harsh, should have said a disappointment. It was a mission to get in there especially when the first attempt was the wrong way in....... We didn't have that much time to get around due to wasted time, so rushed it a bit I guess, hence the lack of enthusiasm on the photos... Because of this tweaked them a bit, tend not to do this with natural lit shots.

I really love the photos! they have a lot of depth and the lighting and colour tones are amazing!

Its still explorable... im going back soon. so let me know

All i know of recent news is that an airing court shelter has been torched.:(

My first Was Cane Hill so was hoping for more random stuff that had been left. Saying I wasn't impressed was too harsh, should have said a disappointment. It was a mission to get in there especially when the first attempt was the wrong way in....... We didn't have that much time to get around due to wasted time, so rushed it a bit I guess, hence the lack of enthusiasm on the photos... Because of this tweaked them a bit, tend not to do this with natural lit shots.

Twas too hot, sticky, and knackard to climb the tower.... maybe next time ???

Awesome shots of cane hill there Fragz cant wait to explore that place!

Im going back this weekend, i should probably say hi in the welcome forum first but ill pop over there after this post, anyway where was i ah yes im popping back to severalls this weekend, last trip i did see a bit of arson damage, like someone mentioned before an outside sitting shelter had been torched, id actually seen it on fire when i was going past a while ago from the road, it saddens me everytime i see smoke rising from that place, another bit of history up in flames :(

Also, i saw some big wooden posts being put up, like they were preparing to offer the site for sale again, i think its in the ownership of the NHS at the moment, they have put more signs up on the fences threatening legal action but im not sure how they can say its criminal when tresspass is a civil offence and is between you and the land owner.

Last edited:
Im going back this weekend, i should probably say hi in the welcome forum first but ill pop over there after this post, anyway where was i ah yes im popping back to severalls this weekend, last trip i did see a bit of arson damage, like someone mentioned before an outside sitting shelter had been torched, id actually seen it on fire when i was going past a while ago from the road, it saddens me everytime i see smoke rising from that place, another bit of history up in flames :(

Also, i saw some big wooden posts being put up, like they were preparing to offer the site for sale again, i think its in the ownership of the NHS at the moment, they have put more signs up on the fences threatening legal action but im not sure how they can say its criminal when tresspass is a civil offence and is between you and the land owner.

Hi,

For ya information, those wooden posts used to have "For Sale" signs, but these were taken down when the buyer pulled out of the sale.

Lb:jimlad:

Ahhhh, oooo do you live there? :p i didnt see you when i was wandering around, im suprised i didnt attract half the police force though, im so clumsy in those corridors i walked into everything piece of plastic or rubble possible.

EDIT:
There appears to be random piles of metal appearing around severalls, i suspect pikeys, also piles of pipe insulation, signs of whats left of piping i suppose, also i dont know if anyone else has noted this but, be careful on i think its floor 3 or 4 of the water tower, the staircase has the 2nd n 3rd steps missing, i failed to note this on the way down and got a very sudden jolt lol.

Last edited:
The sale of the site has been put back to at least 2010. At the same time the Colchester Gazzette reported this they also mentioned about some travellers setting up next door by the stadium....

Ahhhh, oooo do you live there? :p i didnt see you when i was wandering around, im suprised i didnt attract half the police force though, im so clumsy in those corridors i walked into everything piece of plastic or rubble possible.

EDIT:
There appears to be random piles of metal appearing around severalls, i suspect pikeys, also piles of pipe insulation, signs of whats left of piping i suppose, also i dont know if anyone else has noted this but, be careful on i think its floor 3 or 4 of the water tower, the staircase has the 2nd n 3rd steps missing, i failed to note this on the way down and got a very sudden jolt lol.

I saw small piles of copper tubing and cable,taps etc,this was about 6 months ago.There was even the same in the tunnels(copper mine).I nearly fell down the stairs too,dangerous stuff.Good explor though.:)

I fancy a group explore when i get some time off work, college all week, then work both days of the weekend is killing me :(

May organise one soon, seeming as my last one didnt come off, due to my own stupid fault :(

Me n kichi never made it to the tunnels :(

Nope, but i made it there last night with another urbex team ;D

Its so scary in the dark, worse than in the day.

Weirdly enough, the tunnels wernt that spectacular. Sort of boring.

You can get in to them from a few of the buildings by looking under the stair cases, we found a staircase going down to a corridor then in to the tunnels.

They seem intact and a great way to get from one place to another in severalls, take boots when you go down there as some of it is flooded.

Last edited:
All the tunnels did was transport services (steam, water etc)

You barely find anything interesting, unless you are lucky and happen to stumble upon a pile of old plans, like i did at Denbigh. And the old wheel chairs

Latest posts

Back