Severalls Hospital -LATEST NEWS

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its always doable, was there the other week. access is tricky but still doable

That's quite a comprehensive plan, and also a formal warning in the final paragraph towards us lot.

Very useful link, thanks LB

That's quite a comprehensive plan, and also a formal warning in the final paragraph towards us lot.

Very useful link, thanks LB

Yes, I must admit that I was quite surprised with the last Paragraph -I'd guess that it might have something to do with the recent news report by the BBC?

Latest News -Colchester B.C. -November, 2009

Came across this today -a News Release on Colchester B.C.'s website.....

Linky.....
http://www.colchester.gov.uk/Info_page_two_pic_2_det.asp?art_id=8269&sec_id=2109

EDIT:- just noticed Colchester B.C.'s interesting spelling variation of Severalls........or is it Severall's!!!

Might just be my bad memory, but I was sure that the Administration Building was protected by a Listing Status. However, Colchester B.C. also state that NONE of the Hospital Buildings are Listed!!!???!!!

Last edited:
I thought they were listed too, maybe not. I'm sure they wouldn't say they weren't listed if they were (or would they!) Also, their pic is slightly out of date!

well im afraid i can correct you guys as ive been speaking to the owner i will find out more info when i go and see the plans not before i go inside ;)
anyway they are def listed buildings ive done loads of research in last 2 months and found out loads of info

well im afraid i can correct you guys as ive been speaking to the owner i will find out more info when i go and see the plans not before i go inside ;)
anyway they are def listed buildings ive done loads of research in last 2 months and found out loads of info

Severalls is not owned by 1 person, so doesn't have a single "owner". It is owned by HCA (formerly English Partnerships) and North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. I have no idea who you have been talking to, but I doubt he/she is the owner.

New looking security fence there now. Its double layer chain link, two types too. barbed wire at the top and a razor wire roll at the bottom. All the palisade has mesh fence riveted on to the back too.

Why not just remove all of the fences, the site is totally destroyed,why put up fences now whan all of the damage is done.Stupid fools .

New looking security fence there now. Its double layer chain link, two types too. barbed wire at the top and a razor wire roll at the bottom. All the palisade has mesh fence riveted on to the back too.

they really don't want people getting in then....looks like that BBC report worked

hey all well according to the mental health trust person i spoke to they have not wanted anyone to go in there since it closed but people being people like to nose around like our interests for example :D

but on the other hand i spose its a good thing they dont as it stops people destroying interesting and historic buildings as there are a minority of idiots who like to smash up steal damage etc etc to buildings like this

i will be speaking to one of the planners 2moro (tues) about the developments of the site and will keep everyone posted im going to be seeing the plans so i can see what buildings are beig kept but i know 100% that the admin building is staying

when i have some photos will post as well
hope this is up to date for everyone
essex mole

hey all well according to the mental health trust person i spoke to they have not wanted anyone to go in there since it closed but people being people like to nose around like our interests for example :D

but on the other hand i spose its a good thing they dont as it stops people destroying interesting and historic buildings as there are a minority of idiots who like to smash up steal damage etc etc to buildings like this

i will be speaking to one of the planners 2moro (tues) about the developments of the site and will keep everyone posted im going to be seeing the plans so i can see what buildings are beig kept but i know 100% that the admin building is staying

when i have some photos will post as well
hope this is up to date for everyone
essex mole

Why don't you just get some pictures. It's well documented about the listed buildings as is the redevelopment plans. As of yet it's still not been sold off and unlikely to be till they decide what they are doing with some relief roads that may infringe the site.

Keep the talk about fences, access and security off the public forum please. If you want to discuss this kind of thing, do it via private message or email.

well

I see my posts have been removed :s Dont know why? Where can I try organise a visit to Severalls then ?

This looks like a good place to start

[ame]http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/forumdisplay.php?f=140[/ame]

A bit less attitude and some pleasantry will get you far.

Last edited:
I see my posts have been removed :s Dont know why? Where can I try organise a visit to Severalls then ?

1) This thread hasn't been put here to arrange visits
2) Most of your posts on this thread have mentioned fences, access and security. Not allowed
3) When I deleted your posts, I replied to the thread with a reason for doing so
4) New people have to earn trust and respect before expecting people to come and explore with you
5) People your age are not encouraged to join this forum, only a few sensible ones remain.

Many thanks

Latest posts

Back