General Urbex Photos Thread!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't strictly urbex but it was taken in a hangar on a WW2 airfield. Not the best picture because it was taken with a flash through a small hole in the perspex but you get the idea.

It's Concorde's cockpit at the excellent Museum of Flight.

3552538866_7d67963d49.jpg

I recently had an exhibition at a former mill in Salford, Manchester. Being an introverted so and so, I decided to go off and see if I could find a rooftop access. Needless to say I failed but found one very forgotten loft.

3551727379_7f4a6fb2e6.jpg

Derelict buildings in Norfolk/Suffolk

Just wanted to upload a few photos ive taken over the past couple of years...
1. Is a derelict house in Weeting, Norfolk. this house isnt derelict anymore, on my last visit i could see they are restoring it!
2. A derelict building in Brandon, Suffolk. Near the train station so i guess it was some sort of related building to that.
3. A house in Happisburgh, Norfolk. A house falling off the cliffs, with them erroding away.

11WEB.jpg

1.jpg

10WEB.jpg

A couple of crappy camera phone shots from the top of a well known Fife landmark.

Last edited:
Another crappy phone picture of another Fife landmark. I took the picture because there were people at the top of the brick chimney but you can't really see them.

The chimney of what may have been a lime kiln in Exeter.

exetermisc01.jpg

The original stone-built part of the building.

exetermisc03.jpg

The bit that was added on is now an Italian restaurant. :lol:

exetermisc02.jpg

Aha ! nice to see that you went back and took some phots Foxy !

G

Aha ! nice to see that you went back and took some phots Foxy !

I couldn't resist getting pics of that, but I've yet to find out the history. It might have been something else, but I have read that there were lime kilns around that area. More digging to do. :mrgreen:

And now there's no more from there, it's locked tight again thankfully.

For the best probably,my favourite local ROC post at Goathland has been well and truly pillaged since appearing on public forums,it was pretty much complete less than a year ago and first the teletalk went then the rest of the comms and it's pretty much down to the table and chairs now:(

I take this is still a live site Shuck? Hope so, as a mate of mine from school owns the place and I got the impression it's a reasonably successful business. I lived about half a mile from there opposite Neaves bus garage for a few years.

I take this is still a live site Shuck? Hope so, as a mate of mine from school owns the place and I got the impression it's a reasonably successful business. I lived about half a mile from there opposite Neaves bus garage for a few years.

Corrvette Kingdom is Hypo but the buildings have a distinct Military look to them. Would they be anything to do with the nearby Ludham Airfield?

Corrvette Kingdom is Hypo but the buildings have a distinct Military look to them. Would they be anything to do with the nearby Ludham Airfield?

I'm not aware that they are, but I was in my mid teens when I lived there, so never took that much notice at the time. If you really wanted to find out, there's an Airfield Focus edition on Ludham which you can buy from MotorBooks for a fiver, which I'd expect to give locations for all the dispersed sites.

http://www.motorbooks.co.uk/search.asp?action=go&searchfor=Airfield+Focus+46%3A+Ludham+

I'm fairly sure one was on the corner opposite the junction of Gypsies Lane and Ludham road, but I don't know about any others. I've noticed dispersed sites are often moved out to the nearest neighbouring villages, presumably to make them less visible from overhead, but I'd have thought that in this case, they'd have gone the other way towards Ludham. It might just be that the buildings were all constructed to help farming during the war years, so have ended up with a similar look and feel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back