Mine Derbyshire Nov09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've done the place proud mate, this has been on the list for a while:) (looks like we'd better take the dinghy :))

You've done the place proud mate, this has been on the list for a while:) (looks like we'd better take the dinghy :))

thanks mate that really has made my day and made me smile,
if you are planing to go and want a guide just say as i look for any reason i can to go
dingy not a good idea lol as rocks in the water and pipes
but we was going to go back in wetsuits,wet socks and get to the other side your most welcome to come if you want

mine

has this mine reasenyly had new doors put on (just want to see if its same mine as i go to most weeks) i useed to work down there if its the mine where some one got electricuted at this year if this is the mine be carefull there is danger down there you realy dont want to mess with

has this mine reasenyly had new doors put on (just want to see if its same mine as i go to most weeks) i useed to work down there if its the mine where some one got electricuted at this year if this is the mine be carefull there is danger down there you realy dont want to mess with

Keep your discussions of names/entry/etc to pm`s please.Thank you.

if you go to it most weeks would you not know if it had new doors or more to the point recongnise it,
danger you really dont want to mess with ?
drops,rock fails, getting lost,god knows what chemicals,
we always carry rope and karibiners 4 of our group are cavers in yorkshire and have done over many mines,
we mark are way with glow sticks wear petzl helmets never touch what we dont know carry food and drink and first aid kit ,
this doesnt make us safe but we take as many precautions as we can

There's also Radon Gases in here as well.

More info on that here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radon

:) Sal

i would not worry too much about that,
as the sign is a precaution else why were the workers allowed down there as i spoke to a man in the local pub who actually did work there and he told me the above also the mine has very good airflow at times you can feel it on your face

There's also Radon Gases in here as well.

More info on that here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radon

:) Sal

I went here today with diehardlove and cpcnick (and his other half), was good, I didn't ionise and die.

4164071088_663613ebda.jpg

4164018242_c196e57ec9.jpg

4163303051_3bc24f3c76.jpg

4164054538_2fe2204472.jpg

lol very true and if we listened to all them we would not do anything including climb the headstocks go down into a mine go in any building with a asbestos roof or board or anywhere that had any sort of electricity or chemical, most is just a h,s society gone wrong

lol very true and if we listened to all them we would not do anything including climb the headstocks go down into a mine go in any building with a asbestos roof or board or anywhere that had any sort of electricity or chemical, most is just a h,s society gone wrong

I couldn't agree more.

mine

:cry:not just radon thats the problem there is a clue on the serface in the vilage with the same name as part of the mine.[COLOR="Red"(]realy danger keep out) [/COLOR]

mine

have you seen all the transmiters down there (big brother is watching you) look on google earth around the area you will see it (looks just like a ordenery fence with cammeras on it isent)

Mud slides, mini earthquakes?

There's a really good fish and chip shop in the village but I don't think that's dangerous.

Mud slides, mini earthquakes?

There's a really good fish and chip shop in the village but I don't think that's dangerous.

the pub thats proper dangerous i learnt that after 8 pints of cidar in there one night and a big barmiad

where is thsi chip shop as i drove james all the way to matlock for chips never found the one in the village

have you seen all the transmiters down there (big brother is watching you) look on google earth around the area you will see it (looks just like a ordenery fence with cammeras on it isent)

There is nothing down there that will watch or track you in any way, there is a decaying old seismogaph and some lights, that's about it. And all the CCTV stuff is only around the main entrance where the C+M crews enter.

lol you seriously having a laugh
2 points mate where does the power come from for these transmitters when the power to the mine was cut when someone stole the wire and got fried,

second the only thing down there is old hps lights THAT HAVE NO WIRE GOING TO THEM ,and seismic boxs used when they hit the lead vein to check if there was any movement and anyone who thinks they are still used check the cable ends as i seriously doubt anything will ever plug in them again,
I have spent 9 sessions down there each at 9 hours a time for the purpose of mapping part of this mine,
whats this thing you talk of that looks like a fence ??
have you still got your copy of contract of employment with the mine or any payslips or any tax documents as id love to see them

this thread is going way off track

Last edited:
lol you seriously having a laugh
2 points mate where does the power come from for these transmitters when the power to the mine was cut when someone stole the wire and got fried,

second the only thing down there is old hps lights THAT HAVE NO WIRE GOING TO THEM ,and seismic boxs used when they hit the lead vein to check if there was any movement and anyone who thinks they are still used check the cable ends as i seriously doubt anything will ever plug in them again,
I have spent 9 sessions down there each at 9 hours a time for the purpose of mapping part of this mine,
whats this thing you talk of that looks like a fence ??
have you still got your copy of contract of employment with the mine or any payslips or any tax documents as id love to see them

this thread is going way off track

Yeah, this place has a shroud of rumours around it, if blaster did work here, he might know best. But having visited it recently, I know there is no danger apart from the nature of the place itself. Anyway, I'm not for arguments on forums :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back