New Young Explorer from Wiltshire

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niarraha

Reaction score
Howdy! I have been into exploring for a while now but having been too young before, my parents wouldn't let me out to explore, (not to mention the fact that "breaking in" is "illegal". That took a lot of long conversations to sort out). I recently visited two supposedly abandoned places, one having work done. The other however was absolutely fantastic, although I am a coward so it took a lot of pressure that we would "be going straight home if you don't climb through that fence" for me to actually go in, and even then; I wasn't wearing appropriate footwear so I went in two rooms of one building! Haha. Anywho, after those explorations, I have gained this sort of addiction to asking my parents for a long car ride and staring out the window, watching for abandoned places.
Im going to college in September and as an extra, non-academic subject, my media studies class is making us create a documentary on anything we wish. I want to do mine on abandoned places in the UK and the history behind them and "urbexing". I honestly, however, have no Idea where to start as I can hardly find anywhere that is easy(ish) to enter, doesn't have security, isn't too far away, etc. However, I continue my journey to filling out my notebook with locations, notes on the locations, calculations and google map searches as to whether I can go to them.
Holton Heath laboratories is the place I went to and is the only place I took pictures of, so to help introduce myself and my photography, Ill post my mediocre photo here too! (The quality may be bad, I had to steal this from my facebook as Ive lost the folder with it in!)

35360365760_49f7bf0170_k.jpgHolton Heath Laboratories by niarraha Blackwood, on Flickr

Thanks for reading this really long intro post <3

Latest posts

Back