Riding School Worplesdon April 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooh - the pic of the dead beast is a little grim, isn't it! I don't see why the report should've been binned on 28DL, it's a lot harsher a forum over there though and the whole heavy-handed moderation thing makes it really hard to keep in the flow of a topic when your reply doesn't get added for ages after you post it - it's much friendlier over here.

Aye I agree.

and Indeed - I added that pic into the report cos it really freaked me out a little lol.

The pic of the hoof in your photobucket agrees with ye... it is/was indeed a deer.

Up here in Scotland, if you hit a deer with yourcar, you're not allowed to keep it. But the car following IS allowed to load it up and shove it in their freezer if they so wish. Strange law, but there ye go.

Oh, aye. If there was a 17 inch extra wide saddle in good nick that just happened to be lying around, I'd be very grateful. Summer with it's rich grass is just around the corner, and Pepsi tends to put on a bit of weight around about now. :p

Ahh aahha, I thought by some freak coincedence you may have actually owned the contents lol!!

I think there was everything in there but saddles ... very strange.

And indeed that is a very strange law.. as far as I know, in England, you're welcome to whatever you hit.. I think... although I'm not sure if this extends past deers or not..

And indeed that is a very strange law.. as far as I know, in England, you're welcome to whatever you hit.. I think...

I do believe the same law for Scotland applies here too. At least that's what I was always told...unless it's changed! :neutral:
Nice report, beccy. Love the pic of the opposite pen in the rain...mmm, old wood and ivy! :mrgreen:

Hahah fortunately I've never had to encounter that part of law.

Thanks Foxy :) I got v wet that day!! and very dirty :( lol.

Hehehe. I spose it makes it all the more interesting hhaha!! though it's not fun when you shake a door and a massive mound of dirt falls on your head.. (that was NOT fun lol).

Hehehe. I spose it makes it all the more interesting hhaha!! though it's not fun when you shake a door and a massive mound of dirt falls on your head.. (that was NOT fun lol).

Well, don't shake the doors then. :D

How long has this place been closed, do you know?

I err took them off because if OT and Alias were already giving me a hard time, you could bet that the rest of them would soon follow and it's only my second report so didn't really need the hassle..

But yeah I think I prefer this site cos it seems to me all the new members over at 28dl are not well received... it seems that there is a hierarchy.. or that could just be reading into it.. plus I hate how the posts are all moderated.. makes having a conversation REALLLLLY hard!!

Are you still banned on there or did they let you back on?

What a load of tosh, I'm a member on here 28DL and a few others one that is invite only, if you really need someone to tell you why that post was binned then I will, its of nothing of interest and half the photos are poorly composed and OOF. There is no hierachy there or on any of the UE forums, post up some thing inetersting with good pics, maybe just a few it does not have to be everything that your memory card held for the explore, find some history on the place and turn it into a report.

Dont let them knock you get out there explore and get some decent pics', I will re-iterate anything OOF on 28DL is liable to end up in the recycle bin, but is this not where it belongs, why post an out of focus pic in the first place??

Just my 2p worth

What a load of tosh, I'm a member on here 28DL and a few others one that is invite only, if you really need someone to tell you why that post was binned then I will, its of nothing of interest and half the photos are poorly composed and OOF. There is no hierachy there or on any of the UE forums, post up some thing inetersting with good pics, maybe just a few it does not have to be everything that your memory card held for the explore, find some history on the place and turn it into a report.

Dont let them knock you get out there explore and get some decent pics', I will re-iterate anything OOF on 28DL is liable to end up in the recycle bin, but is this not where it belongs, why post an out of focus pic in the first place??

Just my 2p worth

There you go... constructive criticism. Why can't other folks be the same instead of leaving poor Beccy to wonder where she went wrong and just binning her posts?

Nice one vmlopes. :)

Personally, I prefer here to anywhere else because it suits my type of exploring. I see plenty of reports here that probably wouldn't see the light of day on 28DL. If you'll forgive the pun, it's horses for courses. :p

Just my 2p worth

Cheers Vmlopes :)

I never got to see the report but I can see why it ended up in the bin, like vmlopes said they were out of focus and just not what goes on 28dl. I am on that site and unfortunatly if it dosent cut it then it gets binned. The majority of people take it on the chin and have another go, some whine and bitch but its their perogative.
Dont let it put you off.

I never got to see the report but I can see why it ended up in the bin, like vmlopes said they were out of focus and just not what goes on 28dl. I am on that site and unfortunatly if it dosent cut it then it gets binned. The majority of people take it on the chin and have another go, some whine and bitch but its their perogative.
Dont let it put you off.

Hey Squirrel.........

Agreed mate if it aint half decent on 28DL in the bin it goes, but this should not put people off posting, it should encourage you to take better pics, compose your shots better don't just fire off snapshots of everything. Slow down take your time and think about the shot, what are you trying to portray with the shot think of it along those lines and you wont go far wrong.

Google the "rule of thirds" and the "golden ratio" for better composition, and I would recommend reading "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson to anyone who wants to take more than snapshots.

Keep shooting and enjoy your exploring and photography and the experience will come and dont be put off by us members on 28DL, where not all that bad :)

Google the "rule of thirds"

In a lot of cases, in Rurex, we tend to go by the "Rule of Turds" :D

e.g. 1...

longside_farm_10.jpg

Dont let it put you off.

I understood it wasnt great.. but I was annoyed because no one was giving me any constructive criticism .. all I got was 'it's shit' .. well yes maybe.. but how is that supposed to make me any better?

I understand 28dl is higher quality, which is why I'm on here more because I'm not as experienced so my reports aren't gonna be that great so I'm building up to be able to post on 28dl..

All I wanted was someone to tell me constructively how I could be better some of the comments on the other forum didn't do that.

Seahorse - it's been abandoned for at least 10 years.. and I have learnt not to shake doors aahaha.

Jackpo - The carcass is a deer, and the nest, I think was abandoned as I saw no hide or hair of a wasp the whole time we were there.

Alright lol! No, I have planned an explore in the next week or so, but still trying to find some stuff closer to Guildford at the same time.

Back