The BEFORE and AFTER Thread

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another Alexander Wilson effort, Craighall Castle near Ceres in Fife.

wc2369.png

DSC_4417 by RichardB5, on Flickr

The only feature left to refer to is the plinth that the eagle used to sit on.

Sighs :cry::( Steps onto soapbox - I would urge everyone to use their local pubs, when they're gone they're gone forever. Steps off soapbox!

befor and aft

i realy must say this has been the most interesting thread yet. i think sometimes its easy to forget that what we see as urbex deraliction was once beautifull buildings loved by the people that built them lived and worked in them.
thank you all

Here's a couple that are kinda reversed.... from derelict to restored. Both are of Avoncliff aqueduct on the Kennet and Avon Canal in Wiltshire.Both early shots are dated 1973 but I believe the first one is a couple of years later as on the far side of the aqueduct a cement hopper is visible.This was used when the Avoncliff to Limpley Stoke section was concreted in 1975-6

Before

0pnNH.jpg

after.The restored aqueduct

before. Looking towards Bradford on Avon where the trees appear to be in the canal bed was a huge landslip.Also visible is a set of stop gates used to seal the aqueduct from the rest of the canal when it was necessary to work on the structure.these gates were removed in the restoration and now stop planks{seen in the above photo to the left of the aqueduct}are used

v0Q1f.jpg

after

Thats a helluva transformation in the last pic Mr Scrote

It sure is.It's gone a bit twee unfortunately and they destroyed a lot of the original infrastructure of the canal during the restoration.This section of canal suffered from terrible leakage due mainly to the underlying geology during its working life and sad as it is concrete was the only answer.Half of me does miss it in its derelict state it was lovely and peaceful then.But there again it's partially my fault as I spent a year driving dumpers full of concrete as part of the restoration team back in the 70s

:smile:
blythesm.jpg

Conditioning House, Bradford 1920's

blythe2008sm.jpg

blythemergedsm.jpg

Old and new merged.

clerks1927sm.jpg

The clerks office 1920's

clerksofficesm.jpg

clerksmergedsm.jpg

Old and new merged.

admincorridor1910cropsm.jpg

High Royds central corridor 1910's

lookingtothememorialdec2007maincorr.jpg

lookingtothememorialmaincorridordec.jpg

Merged.

Ward15Corridorsm.jpg

High Royds ward 15 corridor, 1910's

ward15corridor2008bestsm.jpg

ward15corridormergedbestsm.jpg

Merged

ward15sm.jpg

Ward 15, 1910's

ward15wallsm.jpg

The same spot 2008, even the door is open to the same extent.

1905and2008sm.jpg

Merged.​

love how you mixed new with old nice one :yes:

*Sighs loudly* OK then.

Boddam never used to name its streets. Having just 5 of them, somebody thought it would be a good idea to just call the streets, A to E.

:D

Was the hospital between A and E?:p

I really like the dried river bed shot ..look at the building on the left..its lost its little window over the years.

Latest posts

Back