The Diary Keepers Cottage...2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know the history behind the house?

It looks as though it has laid empty for a number of years.

Those diaries would make an excellent book, "the normal life of someone you have never heard of".
I cannot believe those memories are gone forever.

That is an amazing find! A total rarity and it could be a little museum by itself! Its seems so personal and touching in a way with all the diaries! Thank you for sharing, excellent photos and what a report!!!

Out of 10, i'd defo give it 15.

I'm a history professor who has also docented at a museum & served on a board that preserves a historic church. In all sincerity, I recommend that this cottage & its contents be reported as soon as possible to institutions who have the capacity to look after it. The National Trust and the Victoria & Albert Museum spring to mind. The contents are a perfect time capsule, rather like the Sir John Soane Museum, but the addition of the vast amount of preserved personal papers, diaries, and photos make it far more. This could well be a new national treasure. A portrait of its time. It must be saved, intact, if it is to stay meaningful, and I'd say it has the potential to become a major cultural attraction.

Latest posts

Back