WW2 Pillboxes UK

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's one in Branscombe Devon with a WW2 pencil-drawn map/chart on the wall showing the beach and cliffs etc. Unless it's been vandalised. I dont know if this is common but it's the only one I've ever seen. There are also a few iteresting ones next to the disused railway just outside Chard Somerset on the way to Forton. One is of regular hexagonal shape but is 3 times the height of a "normal" pillbox, being built on top of a hexagonal brick plinth.

There are some good one's I've seen just outside Seaton Devon including a round one with a very open front, presumably a fairly large gun would have lived here at one time.

There's one in Branscombe Devon with a WW2 pencil-drawn map/chart on the wall showing the beach and cliffs etc. Unless it's been vandalised. I dont know if this is common but it's the only one I've ever seen. There are also a few iteresting ones next to the disused railway just outside Chard Somerset on the way to Forton. One is of regular hexagonal shape but is 3 times the height of a "normal" pillbox, being built on top of a hexagonal brick plinth.

There are some good one's I've seen just outside Seaton Devon including a round one with a very open front, presumably a fairly large gun would have lived here at one time.

I've got photos of all of those, will try and dig them out sometime.

The very high one is north of Ilminster rather than near Chard though.

Ooooh theres some on studland beach, I'll have to take some pictures when I go next time:)

A few from the Thames around Woolwich

Hello everyone.........from the Royal Arsenal in Woolwich. Here is all thats left of the defences around my imediate area, .....pluss a couple of non WWII pieces of interest. Hope you like them. :)
DSC00025Small.png

Pic-4Small.png

DSC00026Small.png

DSC00021Small-1.png

DSC00022Small.png

DSC00024Small.png

DSC00105Small.png

DSC00279Small.png

Thanks for looking, darthbuzz

Is this the one you mean? It's a 6pdr emplacement and is near to the Axe Bridge at Boshill Cross. :)

pillboxes04.jpg

I like the sound of the Branscombe one. I haven't seen that so I'll have to get over there and have a look.

...from the Royal Arsenal in Woolwich. Here is all thats left of the defences around my imediate area, .....pluss a couple of non WWII pieces of interest. Hope you like them. :)

Those are really interesting. I like the gun mount amd the ones on the edge of the cliff particularly. :)

Hello everyone.........from the Royal Arsenal in Woolwich. Here is all thats left of the defences around my imediate area, .....pluss a couple of non WWII pieces of interest. Hope you like them. :)

That's a cool site

Is this the one you mean? It's a 6pdr emplacement and is near to the Axe Bridge at Boshill Cross. :)

Interesting, not seen one of those before. Thanks

Here are some from the North East of Scotland...

Balmedie Beach (They look in land rather than out to sea)

IMG_1571Small.jpg

IMG_1558Small.jpg

IMG_1560Small.jpg

IMG_1553Small.jpg

IMG_1551Small.jpg

Kingston Beach..

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

Innes head (Well Almost)

IMG_1749MediumSmall.jpg

IMG_1763MediumSmall.jpg

IMG_1796MediumSmall.jpg

Rosiele Beach...

IMG_0928.jpg

RAF Peterhead (Longside)

IMG_2279Medium.jpg

IMG_1699Small.jpg

IMG_1701Small.jpg

I'm going to close this thread because it's getting unmanageable and there's now a whole forum for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back