Wycliffe Congregational Church (No Longer Abandoned)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyrian

Old but not obsolete
Reaction score
The majority of places we visit sadly are being left to rot. Or they get bulldozed and replaced. But we came across this sign on a church where they are now actively trying to do it up again. I can imagine the frustration of trying to work on a place that's still listed as "abandoned" on so many urbex sites and re-posted (as if a new find) by YouTubers/Facebookers when they need filler. Especially if many of their followers also arrive with crowbars and an income stream that depends on them getting videos of something.

IMG_20230225_143517.jpg

Please pass on the message to leave this one alone. 👍

Last edited:
Wonder if they would let u in for a few pics if u rang em!
Probably. But not sure that would be as good. For example we got into a massive manor house in Preston. Been empty for ages. Not going to mention the name as I don't think anyone should go. But it was here:

[Photo deleted because I've just been informed it's totally identifiable from that pic! 🤦‍♂️]

Very excited on getting in. But the third or fourth room was setup for development meetings:

and there were plans and tools in the room we just came from. We left and went to the next explore. It's not so much an 'urbex rule' for us. Just places being used don't interest us the same as totally abandoned ones.

Definitely I'd sell my mother for a permission visit to Woolton house. But a mid-refurbished Wycliffe church ... Mmmmm..... Probably not. 🤷‍♂️ Does that make any sense at all?? Or are we weird?

Attachments

• IMG_20221112_122419.jpg
    IMG_20221112_122419.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Probably. But not sure that would be as good. For example we got into a massive manor house in Preston. Been empty for ages. Not going to mention the name as I don't think anyone should go. But it was here:

View attachment 521211
Very excited on getting in. But the third or fourth room was setup for development meetings:

View attachment 521212and there were plans and tools in the room we just came from. We left and went to the next explore. It's not so much an 'urbex rule' for us. Just places being used don't interest us the same as totally abandoned ones.

Definitely I'd sell my mother for a permission visit to Woolton house. But a mid-refurbished Wycliffe church ... Mmmmm..... Probably not. 🤷‍♂️ Does that make any sense at all?? Or are we weird?

yeah know what u mean Iv been in places where u find work is underway it dosent feel right but some are fair game.

Do u think work was underway in the church? If they havent started doing much Id say its still well worth the effort & its a nice looking church that.

yeah know what u mean Iv been in places where u find work is underway it dosent feel right but some are fair game.

Do u think work was underway in the church? If they havent started doing much Id say its still well worth the effort & its a nice looking church that.
It's odd. Some basic bits look totally rotten and like nobody is checking on the place. Just the amount of dirt build up on windows and doors and steps. So on first approach we were still under the impression it was derelict. But then we saw the sign and round the front there's a disabled/wheelchair outdoor lift next to the front door that looks brand new. Why would that major purchase/upgrade be one of the first things to sort? Unless one of the refurbishers is in a wheelchair so they needed to do the lift so they could get in and start work? 🤷‍♂️ Or, the person in charge of the church funds owns a wheelchair lift company and decided that his company needed to be paid to install that before anything else. I know it's an odd concept to think of church funds being misused ("It was just resting in my account Dougal!") but who knows.

Yes I have made the request to get in for some photos though.

Youtube has been getting worse. I think it must push the creators for videos too frequently and warn them that they won't be promoted unless they post more videos. This leads to swarms of idiots creating tedious clickbait. It's particularly amusing when there's a team of 6 of them all wandering around the same site name checking each other as they produce near identical videos.

Youtube has been getting worse. I think it must push the creators for videos too frequently and warn them that they won't be promoted unless they post more videos. This leads to swarms of idiots creating tedious clickbait. It's particularly amusing when there's a team of 6 of them all wandering around the same site name checking each other as they produce near identical videos.
I don't watch the crap, don't see why I should feed their egos

I don't watch the crap, don't see why I should feed their egos
Unfortunately I do contribute to their viewing figures. I regularly check 3 channels because if they post a place I haven't done yet, I know I need to get out there ASAP before it's crowded and destroyed.

Im sure you have all seen the news of fiddlers ferry now having a court injunction on it & prosecuting trespassers?
Evidence used in court was fb & youtube posts.
Here's a handy list of names & addresses that may be of interest as some Im sure you will recognise.

https://fiddlersferry.com/wp-conten...avid-Christopher-Holland-15-February-2023.pdf

Im sure you have all seen the news of fiddlers ferry now having a court injunction on it & prosecuting trespassers?
Evidence used in court was fb & youtube posts.
Here's a handy list of names & addresses that may be of interest as some Im sure you will recognise.

https://fiddlersferry.com/wp-conten...avid-Christopher-Holland-15-February-2023.pdf
Are you sure that this document should be posted on a social media forum? It contains name and addresses, mobile and landline telephone numbers and email addresses. None of wchich have been deleted before posting.

I'm sure as it is now under a court injunction it is in the public domain anyway. Unless we are asked to remove the link people can look at what is on there already. All BikinGlynn did was post the link he found

Are you sure that this document should be posted on a social media forum? It contains name and addresses, mobile and landline telephone numbers and email addresses. None of wchich have been deleted before posting.
yep public document its their own daft fault for posting the images / vids under their own name

Pretty sure you could make up any fake details you liked. Once they have a court order, the likes of google, facebook and youtube and the ISP's would have to cooperate..

Wait till they get the bill for the legal expenses incurred by the owners of the building..

Zero sympathy to be honest..

john..

Back