Pontins Holiday Park - Hemsby, Great Yarmouth.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great share, Gotta hold a lot of happy memories for a lot of people I guess, not many happy memories to be had any more though....

Great pictures. One of the things that always amazes me about places like this is the way it looks as though everybody just suddenly disappeared.
The local Pontins in Southport looks in a worse state than this - especially the chalets - and its still in use!

1st and 7th photos are cracking - Looks a fair sized place this, nice one!

Wonder what will go there in the future. No doubt a souless housing estate.

Great pics, very eerie to think of the fun that was once had.

And sorry, but I can't read Hemsby without thinking of Alan Partridge :)

I wonder if any fellow urbexer has done an explore of any of the old Butlin sites before they were raised to the ground? In particular, Filey, Ayr or Clacton?

has anybody been here since the report ?

I went back two weeks after this post and everything had been destroyed, vandalized and chained up. No chance of getting in or getting some of the photo's I've got - for example the change kioskk has been smashed to the ground... was only a matter of time though and not really surprised anymore :neutral:

great report!:) Bet it was rather strange sploorin it as once such a busy happy place. U got sum great shots before it got trashed, sadly i also know the feeling of going back to somewhere and finding it trashed, it aint nice, shame.

wow! great pictures and as someone else has already said you've captured the place really well. Would love to explore something of this size sometime.

A tragic end. These places, well, tacky? Sure. Outdated? Certainly. But they had something. People went there for a week or a fortnight to get away from the grind. All these places followed in the footsteps of Butlins, and like Butlins, they had a truly wonderful feeling to them. When Butlin was buidling his camps, the UK still had the "lets all pull together" spirit - so much so that campers actually helped to build the places! No complaints, just jackets off and let's get stuck in. Pontins, Warners, et al, well.... they were GREAT places.

Take a look at the photos - and listen! Yes, I know, listen is a strange thing to say, but that is what you need to do. Listen to the echos of the laughter, the joy and the fun. Its there - but you have to work for it.

Great photos! I must say its quite a poignant moment where you see the wall with all the kids drawings on. They were all drawn in happy times and when the park was enjoying good numbers. To think of all those memories that were created there and now its a crumbling wreck. How long until we lose another pontins? :(

Back