The Duke of Lancaster (Mostyn Fun Ship) 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful explore.
Loved seeing those old arcade machines, takes me back to the '10p a go' days.

Agreed, yeah, best internal shots I've seen too, well done.

Breaks my heart to see that Zaccaria Astro Wars machine just rotting away, not to mention the Asteroids and the Galaxian! :cry:

One of my other hobbies is collecting and restoring arcade machines of that era. I still have Asteroids and Galaxian machines like the ones in the pics and also had the Astro Wars cab too but sold that a while ago.

Ask the owner nicely; he might sell. He could spend the money on charisma lessons :)

Nice suprise this,i often pass the' Duke' when i want to avoid the A55,always assumed it was gutted inside,good explore

Wow, excellent work guys, I love those red chairs in the lounge area, and the blue seats on the window sides of the ship. I haven't seen any of these pics before. I love seeing the model of her under the Sealink livery. I am so glad to see the inside of here, it looks in excellent condition internally.

Excellent work and excellent pics guys, I love it.

Cheers,

:) Sal

This is great, I totally adore ships and anything maritime. Whats the deal with this, I heard that pikeys live on it, but also heard that some gangster dude owns it. Anyone know the real story?

Mersey shipping news

from there site, i,m not sure weather they view it as positive or negative

DUKE OF LANCASTER

It has come to the attention of Irish Sea Shipping that "Urban Explorers" have gained entry to the well known Irish Sea turbine steamer DUKE OF LANCASTER which has languished at Mostyn for almost 30 years. A number of interior on board photographs have appeared on the Derelict Places forum. They can be accessed by [Clicking Here]. You may find it necessary to register and log into the site to access the full thread and view all of the pictures.:confused:

http://www.merseyshipping.co.uk/her...keoflancaster170807/dukeoflancaster170707.htm

watching us watching you !!!hi

Last edited:
Sounds like they have a reasonable amount of appreciation for what we all do , If more people viewed exploring like this the world would surely be a better place .

Sounds like they have a reasonable amount of appreciation for what we all do , If more people viewed exploring like this the world would surely be a better place .

Ship enthusiasts do appreciate what you do - but have to play things carefully ;-))

Crashmatt, you said to drop you a pm first!!. I would like to regarding the DOL, but how?
Could be to the benafit of you, and a few others.

Crashmatt, you said to drop you a pm first!!. I would like to regarding the DOL, but how?
Could be to the benafit of you, and a few others.

You'll have to contribute more before you can use PMs.

Nevermind ^^

Last edited:
Duke of Lancaster

I have been interested in the DOL since I was a kid, for you to take photos of the inside of the ship, brilliant!

I have ventured close to the ship on many a time and taken a few pics. I do feel that there is a constant watch even on the grass verge.

Btw, I am brand new to this site, so be nice eh lol.

Hi guys, I'm new to this site, and I'm sooo pleasantly surprised to see there are people as fascinated by things like this ship as much as I have been. I was raised not far from Mostyn in North Wales and remember seeing the ship next to the Solitaire market when I was a kid (my mum worked at KnitMesh in Greenfield not far from it) and we always seemed to be at Abakhan (the textile outlet nearby).

Great to see some photos of inside the ship. I've always been a bit of a maritime geek but I had no idea that the ship was actually so well preserved inside. Thanks for giving some sneak shots of what most of us will never see. I did go down to the Solitaire market a few months ago when I was back home visiting and wondered how close I could actually get to the Duke, but reading between the lines it's probably as well I didn't get too near to it!! Great to see I'm not the only one who was amazed everytime I drove past it and wondered how such a beautiful vessel could be left to rot there.

Welcome to the site, Rhysey, the ship explore was great, but i don't think we'll be paying a return visit.
interesting that you're familiar with that area, i visited a chimney of some sort, on the opposite side of the main road to abakhan fabrics which you mentioned, and nobodygirl and me had a look round it, but haven't been able to find out anything of it's history.
it is pretty overgrown, and there is a short underground tunnel next to it which i managed to crawl into. all i can think of is that it was maybe a smelting kiln for copper or lead back in the 1800's, there was a year date in the bricks near the top of the chimney, but i can't find the pics i took at the time to see what it was,
know anything about it? it's close to the junction directly opposite the fabrics building, which is a nice old mill building itself, by the look of it. :)

Wow is all I can say!!Totally speechless, amazing given how high it is you managed to get in here.

Hi (first post here so be gentle with me).

I was brought to this forum from your pictures of The Duke of Lancaster ship. I used to go here for a treat when I was a kid, my mum took us, we ate at some place onboard and I have great memories of having loads of fun there.

The pictures are amazing. Thank you so much for visiting. Do you have any more pics at all??

I am a total junkie of looking at pictures of abandoned derelict places, have been for years.

Only places I've managed to get to is Liverpool's Albert Docks before the facelift, and an old hotel called The Xenia Hotel on the Greek island of Skiathos.

I'd love to explore some places, feel maybe I'm getting a little old now though, each way thanks for the pics, made my day

SB x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back