The Duke of Lancaster (Mostyn Fun Ship) 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well welcome to the site!

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3196.jpg

IMG_3201-1.jpg

Here's a few more for you....you're by no means too old kiddo, show us what'cha got, we're a friendly bunch! :mrgreen:

Well photos from Albert Dock, well I wouldnt know where to find them, but now Ive found somewhere where people actually have an interest I will try dig them out. My dad used to take me to take pics when I was a kid and we would develop them at home, they are definately around somewhere, as for photo's of Xenia, well no one again has ever shown an interest so I dont know where they are, but there are a few on here already!

Some of my family actually live on Skiathos, so no doubt I will be there once again this summer for a few weeks so I will take some shots when the light is just right and show you.

I have a couple of pics of a boat near me called the Sarsia, she is half sunk in the docks and has been there for absolutely years, the whole area is amazing, really easy to get around and great for pics. I love anything to do with being near the water and especially old sunken boats or other things in the water.

Sorry If Im straying a bit off topic here, im new so dont slap me yet ok??

sarsia1.jpg

sarsia2.jpg

Eh up.. The Sarsia.. I lived near there too.. The black tower with the clockface some explorers did that too.

I have now moved 100 miles away..

I am a great fan of the Duke of Lancaster, and only saw thw Sarsia when it was on its way down.

But, which one is best? Theres only one way to find out... F...

Nah.. Duke of Lancaster :)

Crashmatt .. I sent you an email the other week regarding Duke of Lancaster.. Did you get it?

An awesome looking ship. Love the old British Rail logo :)

Nice night light captures,

Cheers chaps,

Lb :jimlad:

Excellent explore, I love it!!!!

I remember there was previous explore(s) but no internal photos. It's actually pretty amazing that the interior seems to be fairly untouched.... like a time warp!!

It's good to read the Mersey Shipping site too, positive words for urban explorers..... someone with sense at last!

Great work :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Crashmatt .. I sent you an email the other week regarding Duke of Lancaster.. Did you get it?

I did. I could have sworn I replied, there were quite a few, I must have missed replying. Bear with me and I'll do it a bit later today.

Just a few from me, as most were way too blurred or too dark....

DSCN3028re.jpg

the wonderful ship model.

A couple of signs in the passenger seating area,

DSCN3024re.jpg

DSCN3023re.jpg

Instructions on the museum piece horizontal type Space Invaders game, haven't seen one of these since the 80's!

DSCN3018re.jpg

Love the old arcade machines especially the Harlem Globetrotters pinball.
I'm an ex-arcade machine engineer and a huge pinball fan. Nice one.

I'd love to see a picture of the wheelhouse and bridge area, with the wheel and telegraphs etc, but nobody seems to be able to get up there.

Can someone PM with the details of what happened when exploring this ship?
Great pictures, have spent the past 2 hours looking at all the places people have visited on this site :mrgreen: Keep up the good work!

Can someone PM with the details of what happened when exploring this ship!

Nothing good happened. That's all there is to it. Sorry to appear unfriendly.

Speaking possibly out of turn here (and on behalf of my fellow explorers) but I think we'd rather not answer any questions about this place unless we know who we're talking to.

Nothing good happened. That's all there is to it. Sorry to appear unfriendly.

Speaking possibly out of turn here (and on behalf of my fellow explorers) but I think we'd rather not answer any questions about this place unless we know who we're talking to.

Exactly my thoughts. People we know are aware of what happened, others may find out in time.

Well I suppose you're still alive, that's all that matters :p

Check out thedukeoflancaster.net web site at some point in the next few months or so. It will be updated, can't say exactley when but you may find it intresting.

Ahh.. a fellow dukeoflancaster.net member..

Are we going to have another meeting or was that meeting a one off.

Unfort I could not make the last one due to work commitments.

We need to move forward before its too late.

Ahh.. a fellow dukeoflancaster.net member..

Are we going to have another meeting or was that meeting a one off.

Unfort I could not make the last one due to work commitments.

We need to move forward before its too late.

Get in touch then Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back