The Duke of Lancaster (Mostyn Fun Ship) 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Just joined up to this site as someone recommended it to me

Great pics inside would love to see it for real inside. Got some nice shots of outside at the weekend myself.

I also am facinated with derelict places and how things were left etc.. so i will be looking through a few more posts

Thanks again

With parents living in Prestatyn, I have seen the Duke from outside since I was tiny and I have always been desperate to know what is on board!!....these pictures have been amazing to see!!!! Thanks so much for such a great collection of pics!!!!! Amazing that its all in quite good condition!!!

With parents living in Prestatyn, I have seen the Duke from outside since I was tiny and I have always been desperate to know what is on board!!....these pictures have been amazing to see!!!! Thanks so much for such a great collection of pics!!!!! Amazing that its all in quite good condition!!!

It really is a shame that interested people can't visit it. You only need to check the number of views on this topic to see the interest. I have heard even some ex crew or relatives of them are still around and interested. Some people have a genuine interest in the ship and would love to visit on an official basis. I assume all the usual H & S issues would be a problem but I am sure it could be overcome.

Last edited:
Used to go past this semi-regularly on the train on my way to and from uni in Bangor. Always been incredibly curious as to what it was like inside. Thanks for showing me!

You can always ask the owners if you wish to visit. Obviously most of the explorers on here don't ask.

Asking the owners permission would be the polite thing to do. A compleate waste of f***ing time like, but very polite!:lol:

aaahhh the holy grail lol
you guys have raised the bar once again!
seriously impressive,you must have had the biggest grins ever :lol:

Incredible pics.
The biggest time capsule ever, like the set of ghost ship.
Maybe if its left alone eventually the ship will become of interest to museums.

Go on what happened when you tried to leave? caught by the fuzz? tortured by some pikeys?

If I was 20yrs younger I'd have a go at hot wiring the bugger.

It's looking good but I want to read the "Time to set the record straight" story.

excellent explore, what a time capsule you have there! Sorry to hear it wasn't quite as good coming orf... :(

Its a pity that she has been left to rust away slowly...

I've been getting the email updates about this site. To me it seems to be turning into an outlet to whinge about Flintshire Council.

The recently uploaded pics are good though.

Perhaps there may be good reasons to whinge about Flintshire County Council?

A number of councils in the UK are not exactly "heritage ship friendly".

No one really knows the truth about the Duke of Lancaster and hopefully the web site may dispell some of the myths, rumours and possibly wild speculation that has appeared over the years.

john

I vaguely remember visiting this ship when it was open, around 1981 I think. Had to park your car and walk some distance, but if I remember right you had to pay a high entrance fee because I can not recall going on board!

Fab pics

Obviously I do not know what happened to you but sorry it did and also well done

Edited to add

It just makes you think if there is anything else on that ship!

I mean the company have no plans for it and yet it is so well protected.

Been watching to much TV I guess!

Last edited:
Fab pics It just makes you think if there is anything else on that ship!
I mean the company have no plans for it and yet it is so well protected.
Been watching to much TV I guess!

Thanks mate, it's still being used for storing clothes and general....well stuff! :)

Thanks mate, it's still being used for storing clothes and general....well stuff! :)

Out of interest did you see any clothing. Because it is a very odd place to have a warehouse, especially for clothing which need to get to shops ASAP

If I recall you can not get a vehicle near the ship and looking at satellite maps this is still true

Also no expert on ships but aren't supplies usually craned on board although in this case being a ferry it would have things driven on board, I presume from the rear. however even if there was a road it would not be possible to get stuff on the ship that way because of the way the ship is positioned.

Also where do the so called security live - because if they are supplying security servicesare they not supposed to be registered these days?

Stlil watching way to much TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back