Lead Mine near Garigill, Cumbria

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigLoada

This was a nice little mine, not very extensive but good for a 5 hour trip.Lots of trials branch off the main drivage but all were blocked . Not a lot of features except the usual classic Pennines arching and 12 inches of welly-sucking red mud :)

Photos were a bit more rushed than usual as I was with other people and the horse level is very narrow so setting up was a problem. Hope you like the pics anyway!

DSC_0010.png

DSC_0015.png

First junction, right side ends in a collapse about 100 yards in.
DSC_0019.png

DSC_0022-1.png

One of the collapsed workings
DSC_0023.png

Again, another collapse. Had a quick look past this arch but the drivage only went about 30 feet then ended
DSC_0031-1.png

One of the more recent digs by explorers, a great example of spiling and use of a barrel for access
DSC_0049.png

Cheers folks:)

looks like another good explore bigloada, great photo's as always loved the first one of the arch tunnel the work that has gone into making that beggers beleif

Very nice Bigloada , bit embarrassed but I had to Google Garrigill to find where it was, some Cumbrian I am.

Phil

Lovely shots mate.

See what going on holiday made me miss? Then again I'd probably get stuck in that barrel tube thingy.

You take a cracking photo sir! I think I might just fit throught that tube but it would be a near thing.

real nice pics BL the first one looks like it has a face carved out of the rock sort of like an underground mt.rushmore

Great underground shots. I love the arches the make out of rocks in some of these mines, gives it a Lord of the Rings look :p

stunning site this one shown to great effect in your photos.

Would love to visit a place like this some time.

Back